Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
But we need a #1 C and don't have one. Maybe we'll get one next year.
What do you consider Zibby? I think he’s a low end 1C, Chytil’s ceiling is a 1C as well and we have a very strong supporting cast of centers. I don’t think we should take a player from what they’re best at (Kravtsov at RW) and try changing him to fit our team, we should build around him. We need a scoring winger which is what he is, also this upcoming draft is VERY heavy on Centers and has a shortage of wingers

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
What do you consider Zibby? I think he’s a low end 1C, Chytil’s ceiling is a 1C as well and we have a very strong supporting cast of centers. I don’t think we should take a player from what they’re best at (Kravtsov at RW) and try changing him to fit our team, we should build around him. We need a scoring winger which is what he is, also this upcoming draft is VERY heavy on Centers and has a shortage of wingers

Chytil looks much better on the wing. Go draft a top end center to slide in behind Zibanejad. Kravtsov and Chytil are your two RWs. Re-sign Kreider, and all you need is another high end LW. Andersson/Howden/Buchnevich becomes a very good third line.

Reactions: GodlyRangers

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think we’re drafting our other top six center in the upcoming first round.
Don't be so sure on that. Granted, I do not have a crystal ball and no inside track on where the thinking is for the powers that be, but the best move for the franchise may not be a center but rather BPA. Let's for argument's sake say that the Rangers get a top 5 and another top-15 pick. If they take a Byram and then a Boldy falls to them, that is quite a first round. OTOH, getting a Dack or Cozens or having someone like Turcotte or Newhook fall to them is pretty good too. I think that given the various needs of the franchise for talented players should guide. Which means BPA.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Don't be so sure on that. Granted, I do not have a crystal ball and no inside track on where the thinking is for the powers that be, but the best move for the franchise may not be a center but rather BPA. Let's for argument's sake say that the Rangers get a top 5 and another top-15 pick. If they take a Byram and then a Boldy falls to them, that is quite a first round. OTOH, getting a Dack or Cozens or having someone like Turcotte or Newhook fall to them is pretty good too. I think that given the various needs of the franchise for talented players should guide. Which means BPA.

oh 1000% you take the BPA. we need elite talent, regardless of position...but i think in a center heavy draft @jas is banking on the odds that the bpa will be a center

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
If we get a top 5 pick and a top 15 pick I'll lose my mind. Honestly think we would be set after that.

Damnit now you got my hopes up :laugh:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
They are going to have 2-3 first round picks, then they are going to offer sheet Auston Matthews in the off season. Two year rebuild!
Just a note: When doing offer sheets, it's only your own picks that can go the other way. Not anyone elses.

So, yeah they could still do this. But it's not like they'd be giving up 3 or 4 2019 first rounders.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Just a note: When doing offer sheets, it's only your own picks that can go the other way. Not anyone elses.

So, yeah they could still do this. But it's not like they'd be giving up 3 or 4 2019 first rounders.

I know... I was thinking that they would make the picks this year to fully stock the cupboard then offer sheet AM after July 1st and give up the following 4 first round picks.

Also, I realize that the likelihood of this playing out is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of a 1% chance... at best...

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I know... I was thinking that they would make the picks this year to fully stock the cupboard then offer sheet AM after July 1st and give up the following 4 first round picks.

Also, I realize that the likelihood of this playing out is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of a 1% chance... at best...

There’s no chance Toronto doesn’t match.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Eronko asked Russian National Junior Team coach Bragin about Kravtsov at center:

“He did quite well in Four Nations tournament. Kravtsov and I talked about it and he said he’s comfortable playing this position. He sees ice well, reads game and creates space (for his line mates). If he’ll be taking care of the defensive responsibilities this is where he’ll play”.

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Craig Custance’s podcast The Full 60 had Corey Pronman as a guest. Custance likes Pronman. He brought Pronman to The Athletic from ESPN when Custance joined The Athletic.

Custance asked about the next group of top young players to become top NHLers. Pronman mentioned Necas, Makar, Zadina and Borgstrom among a small group. He mentioned Kravstov has a chance to join that group and to check back with him after the WJC.

They mentioned Wahlstrom. Pronman said NHL scouts told him Wahlstrom has been “awful” at BC so far.

I love when Custance teases or pokes a little fun at him.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Craig Custance’s podcast The Full 60 had Corey Pronman as a guest. Custance likes Pronman. He brought Pronman to The Athletic from ESPN when Custance joined The Athletic.

Custance asked about the next group of top young players to become top NHLers. Pronman mentioned Necas, Makar, Zadina and Borgstrom among a small group. He mentioned Kravstov has a chance to join that group and to check back with him after the WJC.

They mentioned Wahlstrom. Pronman said NHL scouts told him Wahlstrom has been “awful” at BC so far.

"Despite his fantastic production for his age on a mediocre Traktor team, check back with me after the WJC!"

So stupid.

WJC, for me, is becoming way overemphasized. It's like Traverse on a grand scale.

Last edited:

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

This line will be deadly, Kovalenko is doing real good in the KHL right now. Great pick in June by the Avs

I know counting stats aren't the end-all be-all, but how did Denisenko with 29 P in 43 GP for Loko in the MHL go 15th overall and Kovalenko with 43 P in 46 GP for the same team in the same league go 171th overall? The difference in size is negligible and they both play on the wing.

Kovalenko has nailed down a regular spot in the KHL this year while Denisenko has bounced between the KHL/VHL/MHL.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
"Despite his fantastic production for his age on s mediocre Traktor team, check back with me after the WJC!"

So stupid.

WJC, for me, is becoming way overemphasized. It's like Traverse on a grand scale.

Completely agree. I mean I could understand an interest in WJC performance against the best peers for someone doing really well statistically on a loaded junior team (see Zborovsky), but letting WJC impacting a view on someone in Kravtsov situation is nonsensical, especially after Pronman just said it himself that he needs to correct his evaluations by valuing “regular “ performance more and short tournaments less.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

"Despite his fantastic production for his age on s mediocre Traktor team, check back with me after the WJC!"

So stupid.

Necas, Makar, Zadina, Borgström - I wouldn't trade Kravtsov for any of these guys straight up.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'd almost rather him not go. With him playing as well as he has against men, I'd rather see him continue to play in the KHL than a tournament against 20 and unders. It doesn't make a ton of sense to me. If he needed a confidence booster, I could see that, but not with how he's playing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad