Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
So Kravtsov and Traktor have played 17 games so far this season, about 1/4.
A couple of statistical breakdowns:
1. 6 points (practically no PP time and he's still tied for 4th among team's forwards with Stoa)
2. -8 in that span. It is a combination of +6 and -14. +6 (and 6 total points while I don't recall any PP points) = means that in 17 games he didn't get a benefit of a single GoalFor where he didn't contribute while on the ice.
3. 39 shots on goal. By far the most SOG among forwards. The next group are the 1st line forwards at 30, 27 and 24 (with the benefit of majority of PP time).
4. Speaking of PP - Kravtsov got the second most fouls against on the team with 7.
He played on the first pp unit this morning.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Once again it should be noted that Kravtsov does not neglect defensive responsibilities and has a good awareness to understand where to be and what's required.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Don't know for sure, but every PP he was there with the first unit, made some nice plays.

Weird that he's playing with the first line even strength but on PP he's moved away to be on the second unit (especially since you noted that he was with PP1 unit in the last game).

Reactions: Fvital92

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Traktor did not score 5 on 3 PP. Kravtsov is NOT on the 1st PP unit.

BTW Stoa is Vesey in terms of realization off of scoring chances.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
BTW Kravtsov is playing on the 1st line in his familiar RW role, not LW where he was listed pregame.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why the names on the back of the jerseys aren't in Cyrillic, like they have in the pre-game list for example?
A lot of the teams do that. I just kind of figured it was maybe an appeal to international audiences, and also because the KHL itself has clubs in places that use the Roman (and other) alphabets. Riga, Jokerit, Slovan all are in countries that I think use the Roman alphabet, Astana is a Kazakh city and they use Cyrillic and other stuff I think, and obviously Kunlun is China where they use Chinese characters. So just using Cyrillic, a lot of people wouldn't understand. The Roman alphabet is probably more widely-understood or recognized (I assume; I have no actual evidence of this).

Reactions: BlessThisMess513

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Very quiet game for Kravtsov (as obviously for the whole team). He barely get any touches. Had a couple of set up passes for his teammates SOG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->