Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #28 - Nils Lundkvist (D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Having the type of year where every rival fan tries to convince us that their old, overpaid player or their smorgasbord of mediocre talent is worth him+ others.
With the Rangers going out and getting Kakko, Panarin, and Trouba, the rebuild is officially over and to help push them over the top in the playoffs this year I think Mikko Koivu could come in and be the 2C and help mentor Kakko through the playoffs in exchange for Vlad Namestnikov (for salary purposes), Nils Lundkvist, Morgan Barron, and a conditional second that becomes a first if any of the Rangers players see a second of any playoff game with their own two eyes (be it in person or on tv). Thoughts?

maris

Oct 20, 2005
With the Rangers going out and getting Kakko, Panarin, and Trouba, the rebuild is officially over and to help push them over the top in the playoffs this year I think Mikko Koivu could come in and be the 2C and help mentor Kakko through the playoffs in exchange for Vlad Namestnikov (for salary purposes), Nils Lundkvist, Morgan Barron, and a conditional second that becomes a first if any of the Rangers players see a second of any playoff game with their own two eyes (be it in person or on tv). Thoughts?
I would rather keep on losing and keep our talent

Reactions: lucky13

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
No thank you

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I would rather keep on losing and keep our talent

No thank you
tenor.gif

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

Uhhhh, How about no?

(I get that this is a joke post, but I'm still saying no pre-emptively in case Bern sees it and decides its a good idea)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

My first thought is that you must be really, really drunk, or high, or you suffered an aneurysm right before you posted this. I wouldn't give a conditional first for Koivu, never mind adding Names, Lundkvist and Barron.

Koivu is 36 years old, on the last year of his contract and is clearly not the same player he was when he was younger.

Edit: I didn't realize it was a joke because jokes supposed to be funny.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
My first thought is that you must be really, really drunk, or high, or you suffered an aneurysm right before you posted this. I wouldn't give a conditional first for Koivu, never mind adding Names, Lundkvist and Barron.

Koivu is 36 years old, on the last year of his contract and is clearly not the same player he was when he was younger.

Edit: I didn't realize it was a joke because jokes supposed to be funny.

Seems like whenever someone doesn't get a joke, they save face by saying that.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

You had me at “rebuild is over”.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

I don't know the Rangers would probably have to add, don't you think?

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Quick hot start for our boy Nils has him second in the league for D in points too. It’s obviously early but still a great start.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Remember Nils Ekman? I always think of him when I hear Nils, and remember how I was annoyed that he blossomed into a darn good player for a few years after we moved him.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Remember Nils Ekman? I always think of him when I hear Nils, and remember how I was annoyed that he blossomed into a darn good player for a few years after we moved him.

I thought it was hilarious when Matthew Barnaby was interviewed by Swedish TV during a SCF a few years ago. He was asked which teammate he has had that he disliked the most. And I can't imagine anyone thought he would answer. But he thought for like 30 seconds and then said "Nils Ekman". Said that Nils came in to NY from Tampa when there were a really strong lockerroom in NY and thought that he was somebody despite not having proven anything, took up place, and the veterans just looked at each other and decided to make sure that he would be shipped out ASAP.

And lol, it kinds of explains a few things. We traded for him, he went to HFD and had 66 pts in 57 games but didn't get a single game in NY before we traded him again. I recon it also says something about the lockerroom we had back then, that didn't get any results either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->