Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
To me this is proof he is a regular reader of these boards..where else do rabid obsessed Ranger freaks obsess over info as this.

Larry Brooks reporting in an article tonight that probably not as bad as first thought.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Per Carp in the Athletic:

20) Rangers first-rounder K’Andre Miller was injured in a game Saturday and had to be helped off the ice, not putting weight on one of his knees, according to reports. No official update is available, but I spoke with Wisconsin coach Tony Granato, who said Miller was sore, but there was no ligament damage. He’ll continue to be evaluated.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Per Carp in the Athletic:

20) Rangers first-rounder K’Andre Miller was injured in a game Saturday and had to be helped off the ice, not putting weight on one of his knees, according to reports. No official update is available, but I spoke with Wisconsin coach Tony Granato, who said Miller was sore, but there was no ligament damage. He’ll continue to be evaluated.
Not saying we're out of the woods with this one, but this is why I said to jump the gun in freaking out. Lots of time horrible collisions end up as nothing, just like minor things end up being devastating. Stepan took a minor hit in training camp and fell weird, and the doctors said bone bruise. Then he did a skating drill days later and his leg gave out. Weird stuff happens. Zucc's incident didn't appear that bad, and he basically had a stroke. Guys go flying into the board horrifically all the time and end up being okay. Didn't that just happen to Skjei or someone the other night?

Anyway, let's hope Miller got lucky and dodged anything seriously. I'm growing increasingly optimistic since they haven't yet found anything worrisome.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wow, I was a little scared. Mostly just because he couldn't put weight on it at all and needed help off. I can definitely just seeing it being a deep bruise issue - getting smoked on the top of the knee like that from the boards isn't fun, and it's a very vulnerable spot as shin guards don't really cover the thigh/top of the knee.

I've taken some pucks in that exact area myself and it makes you want to cut your leg off.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Wow, I was a little scared. Mostly just because he couldn't put weight on it at all and needed help off. I can definitely just seeing it being a deep bruise issue - getting smoked on the top of the knee like that from the boards isn't fun, and it's a very vulnerable spot as shin guards don't really cover the thigh/top of the knee.

I've taken some pucks in that exact area myself and it makes you want to cut your leg off.

I was scared because of the Rangers' luck.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I’m just upset with you OG’s who really dropped the ball by not starting a ‘K’andre Millers Knee’ thread.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
No new word on K'Andre eh?
Recent word was that he's just sore/banged up, and no news has come out since. I wouldn't be concerned.

At this point, they're just keeping him out of the games this weekend and giving him time to heal.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The dreaded "surgery" word hasn't come up, which is obviously a good thing. My guess is bone bruise and/or ligament strain.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
So it’s not as good as we hoped. Playoffs soon they are being secretive. Something more than minor if they think he’ll be out 2-3 weeks

If he's able to return this season, I take that as something good. Anything that didn't result in broken bones, damaged ligaments, or surgery is minor to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad