Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I guess we're all just hoping beyond hope that K isn't just the next in a long line of really promising kids to have their careers derailed early by injury. If the Rangers luck was just bad instead of terrible, they'd probably be known as a pretty good drafting team.

f***.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Based on my experience, if something was broken it would be known by now. Xrays can determine a bone break. The issue is when it’s a soft tissue injury, the swelling gets in the way. Basically, I think there no break, may be either ligament or contusion

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Based on my experience, if something was broken it would be known by now. Xrays can determine a bone break. The issue is when it’s a soft tissue injury, the swelling gets in the way. Basically, I think there no break, may be either ligament or contusion
Yeah. A break should be pretty clear at this point. So hard to speculate though. I’m still in Fingers-Crossed mode.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'd tell my sister to go find him and ask him....but unfortunately she graduated with Stepan :laugh: (well went with him, i dont know when Step actually graduated).

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If it’s ligament damage they usually have To wait for swelling to go down. If that’s the case it’s bad bad bad.

If he’s just sore then Christ we’re lucky

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It didn't look bad but I've seen ligaments snap just by stepping backwards

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Well at this point it could go either way. This is either nothing or extremely serious.

Anything middle ground would have been determined by now.

I think the extremely serious can be counted out as well (as in career altering.)

Its either a bone bruise or something of that ilk imo. Someone else mentioned that he may have torqued his hip on the impact so I wouldn't rule that out either.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016

When I broke my kneecap It didn’t show on the initial X-ray because of the swelling and the fact that I couldn’t get my knee straight. It only showed on an mri.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
When I broke my kneecap It didn’t show on the initial X-ray because of the swelling and the fact that I couldn’t get my knee straight. It only showed on an mri.
Was a crack or a bad break? (Sorry for using such techy jargon :)

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
What worries me is that it looks like his body was perpendicular to the orientation of the knee. By that, I mean that this knee almost looked to be in a twisted position when it made contact with the boards from him trying to re-orient himself, turning what might have been a bump and a bruise into something far more serious due to the pressure on the ligaments.

Very concerning.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I have and I know he was carried off the ice. The whole arena heard him screaming in pain. Cherneksi's knee cap was broken in like six places.

Just saying, a top prospect leaves the game with what looks like a serious knee injury.. fans who assume the worst, like me, will think of that.

More than likely, his career is not over.. true.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What worries me is that it looks like his body was perpendicular to the orientation of the knee. By that, I mean that this knee almost looked to be in a twisted position when it made contact with the boards from him trying to re-orient himself, turning what might have been a bump and a bruise into something far more serious due to the pressure on the ligaments.

Very concerning.
I’m going to ignore this theory. I prefer the bone-bruise and he’s-really-sore ones. Thanks ;)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Remember when Zibby destroyed his leg and everyone thought he died?

He was back like 6 weeks later and was our best player in the playoffs

I'm not gonna freak out until I have a reason to
And honestly that looked 10 times worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad