Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
F it....I want the playoffs this year, and a pick in the 20’s. If we don’t make it, I want a top lottery choice. Why not? Anything’s possible and Philly moved up last year. Sure, it’ll be more difficult...but the idea of Svechnikov lining up with Hischier for a decade or more is too good to pass up.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Hope this team picks 16-20 and selects a faller like Liljegren. Would be the dream scenario. Minus a cup, of course.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
What is the look on Minn-Duluth D Scott Perunovich? Was at WJC and Anderson's teammate. Has a pretty good stat line for a defenseman. I haven't seen a mock with him in the top 31, but it always seems American defenseman with WJC experience always end up doing well down the line.

edit: Just realized he is an overager.
This is a actually his +2 year. But an Aug b-day. So he is young for his draft year. Shero has gone the overager route multiple times since taking over in NJ, and most often with d-man(no fwd's actually just d-men and the goalie). But Perunovich is a little guy. Listed at 5'9" 165. Central scouting has him listed #124 amongst north american skaters.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So there are 2 Samuelsson's playing for the USDP and are eligible for this years draft. Both are 17, both play D, both are over 6'4".

Yet they are not brothers.

USDP has 4 pretty decent looking d prospects, Wilde, Miller and the 2 Samuellson's.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
How bout Ryan Merkley? RHD.

Led his OHL team in points last season, as a 16 year old with an August b-day. And is again leading his teams in points with an 11-41-52 in 44 game stat line.

Negatives? Was also the worst +/- on the team both years. A -41 last year. A -20 this year. Granted the team does not look that good.

Listed at 5'11" 170, though with that b-day I could see him growing a bit. Will certainly put on weight. Looks like he is ranked anywhere between 10-30 on the various draft boards.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017

Led his OHL team in points last season, as a 16 year old with an August b-day. And is again leading his teams in points with an 11-41-52 in 44 game stat line.

Negatives? Was also the worst +/- on the team both years. A -41 last year. A -20 this year. Granted the team does not look that good.

Listed at 5'11" 170, though with that b-day I could see him growing a bit. Will certainly put on weight. Looks like he is ranked anywhere between 10-30 on the various draft boards.
+/- doesnt matter. He probably plays PP and ENG and doesnt PK or defend close leads, thus hurting his +/-

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh

I don’t know if we can get him at our pick but I would love if we got him.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
It is my belief that Ryan Merkley has the highest offensive ceiling out of any defenseman in this draft class. The dude is a magician with the puck. His stock has been dropping a bit this season because of his play away from the puck, so it's not out of the question that he'd still be available (at this point) around the 16-22 spot. He is one heck of a boom or bust pick

Reactions: Darkauron

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
It is my belief that Ryan Merkley has the highest offensive ceiling out of any defenseman in this draft class. The dude is a magician with the puck. His stock has been dropping a bit this season because of his play away from the puck, so it's not out of the question that he'd still be available (at this point) around the 16-22 spot. He is one heck of a boom or bust pick
what would we package with the 31st overall pick to move down to that range though? :sarcasm:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
So there are 2 Samuelsson's playing for the USDP and are eligible for this years draft. Both are 17, both play D, both are over 6'4".

Yet they are not brothers.

It's funny, I always though Ulf and Kjell Samuelsson were related but I was mistaken.

Adam Samuelsson is Ulf Samuelsson's son. Adam's been a bit of a hermit (moved around a lot depending on where his dad was coaching), but he counts Carlsbad/San Diego as his hometown.

Mattias Samuelsson is Kjell's son.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Adam Boqvist seems to be pretty high up there (although not near our pick at 16-20 ....if that's where we end up!)

Issac/Wilde/Bouchard for me

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I think there's several solid blueliners that are going to be available in the 12 to 18 range. I really like Wilde and McIsaac, who brings more muscle on the back end but they are still very fluid skaters for big guys.

My sleeper would be KAndre Miller. I think he can be the steal of the draft if he goes at the end of the 1st round. He's very raw but I see him emerging the same way Jordan Greenway has emerged. I know they play different positions but my point being that Greenway has progressed tremendously since his draft year because he was really raw... just like Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->