Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
There's a group of players in this draft that I think if any of them are available you stay put and make the pick. That's Ty Smith, Joe Veleno, Joel Farabee, and Vitali Kravtsov. Barring that, I think you explore your trade down options. Personally not in love with either Miller or Wilde, but out of those two I think I prefer Miller. However, I don't necessarily like either of them more than Jared McIsaac. If we move down to say 20ish and McIsaac is available I think I would take that.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I dont care about scout reports, we MUST take Jett Woo

woo-gif-1.gif

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
alright, here's my hasty mock

1) Buffalo: Rasmus Dahlin
2) Carolina: Andrei Svechnikov
3) Montreal: Jesperi Kotkaniemi
4) Ottawa: Filip Zadina
5) Arizona: Noah Dobson
6) Detroit: Adam Boqvist
7) Vancouver: Evan Bouchard
8) Chicago: Oliver Wahlstrom
9) New York Rangers: Brady Tkachuk
10) Edmonton: Quinn Hughes
11) New York Islanders: Joe Veleno
12) New York Islanders: Ty Smith
13) Dallas: Joel Farabee
14) Philidelphia: Barrett Hayton
15) Florida: Vitali Kravstov
16) Colorado: Grigori Denisenko
17) New Jersey: K'Andre Miller
18) Columbus: Dominik Bokk
19) Philadelphia: Rasmus Kupari
20) Los Angeles: Martin Kaut
21) San Jose: Rasmus Sandin
22) Ottawa: Ty Dellandrea
23) Anaheim: Isac Lundestrom
24) Minnesota: Bode Wilde
25) Toronto: Akil Thomas
26) New York Rangers: Liam Foudy
27) Chicago Blackhawks: Alexander Alexeyev
28) New York Rangers: Ryan Merkley
29) St. Louis: Mattias Samuelsson
30) Detroit: Serron Noel
31) Washington: Jonathon Tychonick

i'll collect my winnings tomorrow

I think that's n excellent mock draft, great job

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
f*** it. Trade down and take Merkley. Best passer in the draft don’t care if he’s a dick, that can be worked on. Can’t teach his talent.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
**** it. Trade down and take Merkley. Best passer in the draft don’t care if he’s a dick, that can be worked on. Can’t teach his talent.

every scouting report ive read says hes terrible in his own zone. then you have the attitude issues. hard pass. could see him not even going in the 1st round on the night

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
every scouting report ive read says hes terrible in his own zone. then you have the attitude issues. hard pass. could see him not even going in the 1st round on the night
I just think of all the dmen we can take he’s got the most upside. But I prefer drafting for talent

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I would love if we could bag Ty Smith, but my realistic pick for this draft is... Joe Veleno. its not a particular position of need, but I like what I read in the reports

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
My updated sort-of realistic want list:

1) Farabee
2) Smith
3) Veleno
4) Hayton
5) Miller
6) Bokk
7) Wilde

Top 3-4 are longshots, but with the way past drafts have gone I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them still there when we pick.

Still think we should have taken Chychrun when he fell in '16.

Reactions: SeidoN

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Top 3-4 are longshots, but with the way past drafts have gone I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them still there when we pick.

wouldnt call Veleno a longshot. we should be right around his mark. of course he could go higher but its not a huge chance

I would be happy with Miller if they go that route too

Reactions: New Jersey Devils

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I value STI's scouting eye since we both really liked Barzal, Keller and others that have been picked in later rounds over the past few drafts.

He is really high on Miller which is making me think that this hulking defenseman could be the real deal.

I'm very skeptical of Miller personally but if STI feels this strongly about him he's probably spot on.

I still really like Bokk and Denisenko in that order. Passing on Bokk could haunt us, I think the kid could be a Pasternk type player in a few seasons

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
I value STI's scouting eye since we both really liked Barzal, Keller and others that have been picked in later rounds over the past few drafts.

He is really high on Miller which is making me think that this hulking defenseman could be the real deal.

I'm very skeptical of Miller personally but if STI feels this strongly about him he's probably spot on.

I still really like Bokk and Denisenko in that order. Passing on Bokk could haunt us, I think the kid could be a Pasternk type player in a few seasons
With you here. Bokk is the guy that id be excited about if we draft him tonight.

Couple of others I’m intrigued by:
Merkley
Kaut
Veleno (won’t fall)
Kupari

Reactions: Devils Dominion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad