Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I'd be satisfied with either Jared MacIssac, Bode Wilde or Tkachuk. Is that McLeod brother that's listed as a top 15 player?

Yeah it's his lil bro. If we're in that range, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to trading down with our plethora of picks next year. It would be like having the Sedin twins... except they won't be twins and aren't as good lol

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'd be satisfied with either Jared MacIssac, Bode Wilde or Tkachuk. Is that McLeod brother that's listed as a top 15 player?

Affirmative, that's another reason I'd be more than okay with Mikey going back for one last season. Mississaugua should be able to build on last year's performance and I can only imagine what a fun dynamic that might be to have your brother on the same team.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Affirmative, that's another reason I'd be more than okay with Mikey going back for one last season. Mississaugua should be able to build on last year's performance and I can only imagine what a fun dynamic that might be to have your brother on the same team.

I mean they were both playing on the top line throughout the OHL Playoffs...and Ryan plays a very similar game to Mikey

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I'd keep an eye on jake wise. He was hyped a couple of years ago about being the next jack eichel but he's only 5 foot 10 and hasn't grown since. A really skilled and dynamic centre

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Took a look at some initial rankings, and it's shaping up to be a really good draft for Americans. 5-6 players could be taken in the 1st round alone. A lot could change though.

Tkachuk
Farabee
Samuelsson
Wilde
Wahlstrom
Hughes
Miller

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I know it's a little late but rasmus dahlin was exceptional in the summer showcase for Sweden. His skating is unreal and he's so confident out there with the puck. I honestly think he's way better than ekblad at the same age and will become a better prospect.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
The top #10 this year is off the charts IMO. Well be getting another stud and if there's any way possible to add another 1st rounder, we can possibly replicate what the Flyers and Ducks did in 2003, meaning landing two cornerstone players in the 1st round.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The top #10 this year is off the charts IMO. Well be getting another stud and if there's any way possible to add another 1st rounder, we can possibly replicate what the Flyers and Ducks did in 2003, meaning landing two cornerstone players in the 1st round.

We really don't have the tradeable assets to get another first without losing something important.

We are basically out of vets, and ant PTOs won't be worth much if anything as we saw last deadline.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
I'm really looking forward to the battle between Rasmus Dahlin and Adam Boqvist for top (Swedish) defenseman this draft. Right now Dahlin is the consensus top, but I really think Boqvist is going to shoot up the draft boards, despite already being very high up.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I'm really looking forward to the battle between Rasmus Dahlin and Adam Boqvist for top (Swedish) defenseman this draft. Right now Dahlin is the consensus top, but I really think Boqvist is going to shoot up the draft boards, despite already being very high up.

Having him and his brother would be pretty awesome

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
draft me a DMan high and put together a nice package of prospects and pick for another one next offseason and away we go

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Whoops, forgot that there was already a thread started. Proverbial light in my brain doesn't turn green for the draft until Bob McKenzie's initial rankings get released.

Bob's top 20: http://www.tsn.ca/the-year-of-swedish-defencemen-1.852963

7 Defensemen in the Top 11:

1) Rasmus Dahlin (SWE)
4) Adam Boqvist (SWE -Jesper's younger brother for anybody curious)
6) Quinn Hughes (USA)
8) Ty Smith (CAN) - this guy was extremely impressive during the Ivan Hlinka tournament
9) Ryan Merkley (CAN)
10) Bode Wilde (CAN)
11) Jared McIsaac (CAN)

On a side note, the Canadians put together one of the best defensive units I've ever seen at the Ivan Hlinka tournament this year. All of these players have #1 defenseman potential

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yeah it's his lil bro. If we're in that range, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to trading down with our plethora of picks next year. It would be like having the Sedin twins... except they won't be twins and aren't as good lol

Didn't we trade all of our extra picks for Johansson?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
draft me a DMan high and put together a nice package of prospects and pick for another one next offseason and away we go

Might be all we need.

Depending on how Hischier/Zacha/McLeod look, you may even be able to package someone like Zacha for a high quality D in the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad