GDT: 2018 NHL Draft Lottery - 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't necessarily disagree, but I've brought it up somewhere on here before that people here are focusing too much on when he says one word instead of the other two that usually precede it
We'll see at the draft what he means. Hoping for the best, expecting the Rangers.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
"I really don't see this team taking Barkley at 2. Reese isn't our GM anymore."
Man they can’t win. “Take best player available!” Draft best player available.. “Draft for need!”

This isn’t directly at you, just how I imagine things going regardless of who we pick.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
We'll see at the draft what he means. Hoping for the best, expecting the Rangers.
I get where you're coming from, but the thing that's keeping my optimism about a potential top 3 pick (and even if the pick stays at 8) is the reports of them trying to trade up to get Keller or Pettersson in the past 2 drafts. Even with the Andersson pick, I think it's more likely that he becomes a Kadri/even Kreider (albeit a slower version) type player than the 40 to 50 point player that some people make him out to be

Reactions: Bozle

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Different comparison.

Taking a RB at 2 is like taking a goalie at 2.
Right. I’m not a giants fan by the way, so I didn’t care about the pick.

I just don’t see them passing over Svech, boqvist or Zadina for tkachuk if they land a top 3 pick. They’ve tried to trade up the last 2 drafts to get extremely skilled players.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Since the 1966 draft, every active team has selected in the Top 3 at least once, with 2 exceptions. One of these teams is the Vegas Golden Knights. Teams that have folded, moved, or rebranded since then that have picked in the Top 3 are the Oakland Seals, Minnesota North Stars, Atlanta Flames, Kansas City Scouts, California Golden Seals, Colorado Rockies, Hartford Whalers, Quebec Nordiques, Atlanta Thrashers, and the Phoenix Coyotes.

The other team that has not picked in the top 3? The New York Rangers

THEY OWE US THIS ONE

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
1. Dahlin 2. Svechnikov 3. Zadina--those are the first three guys and in that order.

Then there's a group of 6 (in no particular order) that includes Boqvist, Tkachuk, Hughes, Dobson, Wahlstrom and Bouchard. If the Rangers end up 8 or 9 that's the group I'm picking from of whatever is left over.

After that is another group of 7 (in no particular order)--Farabee, Smith, Veleno, Kravtsov, Wilde, Kotkaniemi and Bokk who I'd target if we could move into the teens. I really like Kaut, Thomas, Hayton, Lundestrom, Sandin and Alexeyev in the late teens--early 20's.

But as much as I like Tkachuk there's no way in hell that I'd pick him at 2 or 3---that's Svechnikov and Zadina every f***ing time--unless whoever picks first does something stupid and doesn't take Dahlin.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
tenor.gif

Reactions: NewYorkNick

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I will probably shut off the internet in my apartment if the Islanders get two picks in the Top 3.

I don't want to deal with my Islanders friends pinging me on our Slack chat all night.

I wouldn't be too concerned. They'd just waste the first 7 years of their careers until they leave during free agency.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Since the 1966 draft, every active team has selected in the Top 3 at least once, with 2 exceptions. One of these teams is the Vegas Golden Knights. Teams that have folded, moved, or rebranded since then that have picked in the Top 3 are the Oakland Seals, Minnesota North Stars, Atlanta Flames, Kansas City Scouts, California Golden Seals, Colorado Rockies, Hartford Whalers, Quebec Nordiques, Atlanta Thrashers, and the Phoenix Coyotes.

The other team that has not picked in the top 3? The New York Rangers

THEY OWE US THIS ONE
Seriously, if there is ONE time the NHL can pay back the Rangers, it's tonight.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Everyone do whatever ritual to help us get into the top 3. We need it. We kinda deserve it after getting royally f***ed for Crosby’s draft year because of the lockout. We would have had one of the worst rosters had that season played out. Rigged. Pittsburgh ends up with the #1 pick to save that franchise. Bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad