GDT: 2018 NHL Draft Lottery - 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
If we dont win the lottery,i can see Gorton doing his best to trade into it with our 1st and maybe Zuc or Kreider.

Reactions: haveandare

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
And Buffalo has an 81.5% chance of not getting Dahlin

I don’t think any single fan base expects to get Dahlin

And none should. I think all the media outlets do a poor job communicating that the teams with the best odds are still unlikely to come away with the top pick. Yeah, they have better odds than anyone else, but there are so many other teams in the running that it doesn't really help in so much as them winning vs. the field.

Reactions: Bozle

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I'll be very happy if we can get the #2 and Svech. I'll be ecstatic if we get Dahlin. There's a difference.

Anyway I'm not sure I'm going to be watching this game. San Jose-Vegas doesn't do a whole lot for me and the NHL just naming the 4 through 15 with the idea of forcing people to watch the 2nd period to find out the top three is a bunch of bull**** to me and I hate being manipulated.

I get what you're saying. But it is the way things are done now. It adds some drama and excitement. If we see our logo on the board at 11 (please no), 10 (hopefully no), 9 or 8 we don't need to tune in later to see the live results of the top 3 anyway. If we don't, then we are already doing a victory dance knowing we are on the podium, with a shot at Gold. I'm cool with that.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Honestly the only team that wouldn’t piss me off if they got Dahlin is Vancouver

Every other team winning (aside from us obviously lml) would piss me off

But it doesn’t matter cuz Dahlin is a ranger bois I feel it in my bones
Funny you say that, I can see him going to Vancouver. Have for a while.

In the other hand, the Canucks are cursed.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Here is some more good juju. We need all the help we can get!

tumblr_ou9slpeYiA1qisc9uo1_500.gif

Christ, I thought we closed that gate forever

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Who are the options are the 11th overall pick?

Some good prospects will be on the board at 11. Might be just as good a player as at 8. Probably at least one of Bouchard, Dobson, Farabee or Smith will be there. That said, the odds of us picking 11th are less than the odds of us picking in the top 3. So assume we will be selecting in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->