OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Damn. You knew it was over with the flip of a damn coin. It's criminal that Mahomes doesn't get another chance.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Can you imagine begin that Chiefs lineman?

Brady throws a game-ending INT, your team's about to go to the Superbowl (and win), and instead you're going home because you lined-up 8 inches offside.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Can you imagine begin that Chiefs lineman?

Brady throws a game-ending INT, your team's about to go to the Superbowl (and win), and instead you're going home because you lined-up 8 inches offside.

That's a turn in your playbook moment for almost anyone. Just like when Blair Walsh missed his 25-yarder or when the kid for the Packers screwed up an onside kick against Seattle.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can't blame this one on Reid really but just add this to the list of home playoff defeats he has in championship games. At least two of his Eagle title game losses were at home.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What do you think about Marty Schottenheimer or Marvin Lewis?

Marvin Lewis doesn't belong in the same sentence with Schottenheimer or Reid, at least their teams usually hit their potential in the regular season and actually occasionally win a playoff game or two :P

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Similar winning percentage. Can't win when in the spotlight

Edit: I take back Marvin Lewis. I thought his win percentage was better

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
its actually absurd that you think those 2 guys hold a candle to Reid

Schottenheimer's very comparable to Reid other than the fact Reid did make one Super Bowl. But Reid's also lost more playoff games he's been heavily favored in. Marty never really had the best team other than the 14-2 season where they lost to NE and maybe the one year in KC where they lost to Denver.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I wonder how many times guys lineup in the line of scrimmage and it's not called.

Both teams I was rooting for shoulda won today, but lost.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
apparently the league apologized to Payton for the blown call. They said it was not only PI but also helmet to helmet. The refs had been letting things go all game to my eyes and managed to have too big a hand in the outcome.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Excuse me a minute.

QEYP84Y.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
apparently the league apologized to Payton for the blown call. They said it was not only PI but also helmet to helmet. The refs had been letting things go all game to my eyes and managed to have too big a hand in the outcome.

I mean it was so obvious even the Rams CB admitted it lol...but I think Payton was too focused on that during the game tbh. It's one thing to harp on it in the moment but still harping on it to the refs at the end of regulation is a bit much. They still had their chances to win and fubared it.

Reactions: My3Sons

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I hate living in NE so much sometimes (especially in Jan/Feb)

Dont worry, much like with Marty's career, the end will come suddenly.

Brady maybe has 1 more season left before his skill deteriorates and.........maybe.......just maybe the Bills, Dolphins, or Jets can sniff an AFC East Championship.

Wait.......nah....nevermind. lol

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Dont worry, much like with Marty's career, the end will come suddenly.

Brady maybe has 1 more season left before his skill deteriorates and.........maybe.......just maybe the Bills, Dolphins, or Jets can sniff an AFC East Championship.

Wait.......nah....nevermind. lol

One day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad