OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Ehhh.... that's a tough one. Last year there's 0% change that's a catch, this year I dunno.

Usually in these situations they do WHATEVER they can to make the call on field be "correct", so my guess is they say his body hit the ground before the ball came 100% loose & it's ruled a good catch.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Blind squirrels find a nut now and then. It's all smoke and mirrors with this team. Always.

Meh you're giving the Cowboys way too little respect. They have a good running game, good defense and the QB isn't completely horrible.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If the Eagles could somehow beat the Saints, it should be noted the Eagles absolutely shut this Rams team down in LA just a few weeks ago.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Meh you're giving the Cowboys way too little respect. They have a good running game, good defense and the QB isn't completely horrible.

I've been a fan of this team for long enough and let down far too many times to have much respect.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Dumbest play call of the year by the Rams going for it on 4th and 1 rather than making it a 2 possession game with 7 minutes to go.

Worst part about it though, is it's probably going to cost me the Under, lol.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dumbest play call of the year by the Rams going for it on 4th and 1 rather than making it a 2 possession game with 7 minutes to go.

Yeah that was a bit eyebrow raising but since they have run the ball so well all game I guess he figured it was a justified gamble.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
What's the capacity there?

Rams fans have been pretty loud.
Dallas has an enormous fan base and the Rams are relatively new again to LA

Roughly 79k according to google. I can hear the Rams fans but I can also hear the DAL fans pretty clearly. And the Rams fans just aren’t that loud. I get it, it’s LA and they are largely more interested in that screenplay they are pushing or their follower count on Instagram but the league was so desperate to put a team there and I don’t see the long term interest.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Yeah that was a bit eyebrow raising but since they have run the ball so well all game I guess he figured it was a justified gamble.

I dont get it. Kick the gimme FG and you're up 11 points with just 7 minutes to go!

Dallas is not going to score a FG, a TD, and a 2-pt conversion in less than 7 minutes. It was a completely unnecessary risk.

They miss that and Dallas has momentum and it's a 1 score game! = DUMB.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

That's a self inflicted wound. You NEVER count on the Cowboys to do something for you. If they can, they will disappoint a let you down.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Ugh........ defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

The under was going to win until that useless pass interference call in the endzone on 4th down. LOL

EDIT: And I'm not sure why that wasn't illegal contact rather than pass interference. The difference being dramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad