OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Cowboys will definitely lose, likely due to some stupid, self inflicted wounds like multiple drive saving/killing penalties, Ints, drops and fumbles. Or else the kicker will miss a game-tying PAT or something. That's the Cowboy way.

They should cover though

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think they are far superior in the trenches, which is the most important part of the field. Their secondary is the biggest weakness, but it's been light years ahead of where it was last time the Eagles made a trip down to NO, while the Saints are trotting Eli Apple out as their #2 corner.

Out of receiving threats, Thomas is the best between the two sides, then the Eagles have the next best 3. QB and RB, Saints have a significant edge (but then again, can't explain Foles in the 4th quarter). I think it's certainly close because of how well the O-line and D-line of Philly have been playing.

NO d-line and LBs are very bit as good as PHI. O line comes down to health of NO guys. PHI has depth at WR and better TEs. NO has Kamara at RB. It’s close talent wise.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
NO d-line and LBs are very bit as good as PHI. O line comes down to health of NO guys. PHI has depth at WR and better TEs. NO has Kamara at RB. It’s close talent wise.

If you forced me to bet on this game, I'd take the Eagles +8, but my confidence in that line is only something like 57:43, LOL, which isnt that major.

I could easily draft a scenario where each team wins on Sunday, I simply think it more likely NO wins.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm so pumped for today's games.

Luck vs Mahomes should be a barnburner, outdoors in cold KC, snow in the forecast, which could favor Indy

Rams-Cowboys has a lot of juice too
Beasley's health status is vital for Dallas
Can Goff get it done?

Kickoff 4:35!

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
By way of update - all NO o- line were listed as full practice yesterday and will play. I’m skeptical they are all healthy. I expect they all have braces and harnesses and splints on except for the center. Still, at least they are all playing. Should be a great game. My best guess is NO wins but I’d probably take the points and the over if it is 51 or 52.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Think I might take the Chargers > 21 today. I dont think that's much of an ask.

EDIT: Rolling with Chiefs -4.5 and the UNDER for the first game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devils Dominion

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm on fire.

Won every bet made last weekend too with the exception of SEA/DAL.

Rolling today's winnings double or nothing into the UNDER in tonight's game.

I'm having a great week too
Even got an EPL win with Chelsea today, lol

I sat out this KC game.

Have LAR on the moneyline tonight
Still thinking of taking the points with Dallas

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
As a Cowboys fan that was too young to remember their last SB, I have a hard time getting excited for their games anymore. The inevitable failure is, well, too inevitable.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Sadly, I can remember all the Cowboys 1990s SuperBowl wins. For 2 of them I was on the way back from Ski trips in Vermont so at least I didnt have to witness them.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That's what I want to see all night, take 5.5 minutes off the clock each drive & kick field goals.

Preferably resulting in a Cowboys' loss.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sadly, I can remember all the Cowboys 1990s SuperBowl wins. For 2 of them I was on the way back from Ski trips in Vermont so at least I didnt have to witness them.

So we are in the same boat. My damn roommate and the guns going off in the streets (seriously, neighbors were firing guns and fireworks) woke me up during the SB last year. I'm fine with the Cowboys losing, as long as the eagles lose. I'd trade never seeing a Cowboys superbowl if it meant the eagles and steelers don't win another during my lifetime.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
LOL Prescott just threw a 99% pick six, but lucky for Dallas the Rams linebacker was too excited dreaming about his TD celebration before he secured the catch.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That 20+ yard TD run wasnt because of the great Rams' offense, that was just poor defense.

The Cowboys pooping the bed on defense is very bad news for Dallas, because their defense is what wins them games, similar to the Bears.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
At least this game ended quickly.

Lets go everyone who plays the eagles! I'm pretty sure they are making the SB again, though.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Rams are the better team

That in the grasp call against Dallas was puzzling

Every team in the league is when the games really mean something. The Jets and Giants could beat the Cowboys in the playoffs. My elementary school two hand touch team could beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad