NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
24zb3bb.jpg

Yesterday was Eli & Tyree's birthdays.... bringing back the greatest (or second greatest) catch in SB history.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Miami would be foolish to let him walk. The dude is as reliable as they come, and it's not like DeVante Parker has lit the world on fire whenever he's been healthy. He's shown flashes, but never consistency.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Miami would be foolish to let him walk. The dude is as reliable as they come, and it's not like DeVante Parker has lit the world on fire whenever he's been healthy. He's shown flashes, but never consistency.

So Miami didn't exercise the 5th year option on him Like the Giants did with obj? Hmmm.... Generally, advantageous for the team to use it if they can.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

His season really was incredible. He was one of the best players in the NFL this season but somehow didn't make the pro bowl and probably won't crack many DPOY lists.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
So Miami didn't exercise the 5th year option on him Like the Giants did with obj? Hmmm.... Generally, advantageous for the team to use it if they can.

Well, he was a 2nd round pick and only 1st rounders have that available to the team.

His season really was incredible. He was one of the best players in the NFL this season but somehow didn't make the pro bowl and probably won't crack many DPOY lists.

He's criminally underrated by the mainstream NFL pundits in the sense that nobody really talks about him as being a big part of the Vikings excellent pass defense. Xavier Rhodes is great too, don't get me wrong, but Smith is probably better relative to the average player at their respective positions.

Reactions: Avs_19

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Landry is an odd player, I don't think he'll get big #1 WR money, but for a team that plays methodical offense and runs the ball a lot he could be incredibly valuable for his YAC and run blocking ability. He's a New Orleans guy and the Saints are going to have around $40 million in cap space this offseason. Him and Mike Thomas together would be pretty unstoppable.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Flacco's happy Marty is back but no one can be happy about Flacco being back. He's a bad QB on a really bad contract. I think they should be able to move on after next season though. There will still be some dead cap space but it shouldn't be too bad.

He's criminally underrated by the mainstream NFL pundits in the sense that nobody really talks about him as being a big part of the Vikings excellent pass defense. Xavier Rhodes is great too, don't get me wrong, but Smith is probably better relative to the average player at their respective positions.

For sure. Rhodes and Griffen get a lot more love and it's deserved but Smith makes the entire thing go.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well there is evidence of rift given the whole Brady personal coach and Pats efforts to remove him from situation

Likely causing friction with Brady

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I doubt both McDaniels and Patricia would be interviewing if they though there were a possibility of Belichick leaving one way or another.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I doubt both McDaniels and Patricia would be interviewing if they though there were a possibility of Belichick leaving one way or another.

I dunno, I've started to question the whole successor angle. Why would you want to be the guy who replaces Belichick? That sounds awful.

As for this story, will probably be sensationalistic and on the surface seems literally unbelievable, but this isn't even the first time I've heard a lot of these elements. Either way, guessing it won't mean a whole lot in the short term, not like its affected the Patriots this year.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Nothing too crazy in this story and a lot of the stuff about Guerrero has been reported before. I'm sure everyone, especially Pats fans, will react to this very rationally.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Nothing too crazy in this story and a lot of the stuff about Guerrero has been reported before. I'm sure everyone, especially Pats fans, will react to this very rationally.

Yeah, it's way less sensational than I thought it would be and I'm not sure it added much that I hadn't already heard before. The Bruce Allen description is terrible. Almost everything he says about it is not in the story.

Sep 19, 2008
I enjoy watching the Washington redskins play football. They are my favorite NFL team.

When they score a touchdown , I think to myself "yes".

When the other team scores a touchdown , I think to myself "no".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad