NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If Cam retires, it wouldn't shock me if Eric Reid is a Seahawk. 49ers are probably not going to retain him unless he wants to play WLB next to Reuben.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Carroll in the radio says it will be difficult for Avril and chancellor to return. Avril likely to retire. He has like $500k of dead cap space if cut thus saves the hawks $7.5 million in cap. Kam, however just got a 3 year extension with $20 million guaranteed. Not sure how that impacts the cap if he isn't able to play. Does the NFL other LTIR cap relief like the NHL?

I was looking at the dead cap today, they can post June 1st him but it will cut 3-4 million off this year only to go up next year. If they release him tomorrow its a couple millions in dead cap.

they can keep all those guys, just looking at it purely from financial perspective. bigger issue is their age.

drafting fell off ater mcloughan left. tom cable as OL coach (and apparently will be next season too).

Age is what I was getting at, they will likely want good money given it'll be their last contract. Wont be worth it.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
First the Harvin trade and now this one.... Schneider pays big for a offensive weapon, it backfires. Stick to the draft, John.

What Bevell wants, he knows he can get.

This is what happens when you move too much to a pass-based offence rather than taking a mixed approach.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What Bevell wants, he knows he can get.

This is what happens when you move too much to a pass-based offence rather than taking a mixed approach.
Can't pass if you don't have the time to run the routes before pressure arrives on your QB.

Plus how often do they have negative run plays due to the OL getting beat off the line? Way too many.

Hawk's need new offensive coaches.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I was looking at the dead cap today, they can post June 1st him but it will cut 3-4 million off this year only to go up next year. If they release him tomorrow its a couple millions in dead cap.

Age is what I was getting at, they will likely want good money given it'll be their last contract. Wont be worth it.
Yeah, that's fair. Kam has been a key member of the team. He deserves the money he just signed for. Call it a retirement contract. Comes down to his health. If he can play, hawks will keep him. If he can't then his career ends. If he can play, don't see the hawks cutting him. Will ride out one last shot with the LOB before they all go.

Avril, due to his contract with no more guaranteed money is going to get cut.

Graham, he's going to the highest bidder. Don't see him pursuing a ring over money.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
1VEoLNMWKSL1sES_YFlLKfLCeEH7n0BhbyfoYN6fYO0.jpg

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So here's a crazy stat for everyone...the Seahawks finished the season with 0 rushing yards per carry inside the opponents 10 yard line. How is that even possible :laugh:

I guess this is what happens when your RB's are complete trash.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
The RB's were bad, but it's tough to get positive yardage when the DTs are in your face as soon as you're handed the ball.
And even that can only happen if Ifedi manages not to get called for something first. Lots of things to fix here.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The RB's were bad, but it's tough to get positive yardage when the DTs are in your face as soon as you're handed the ball.
And even that can only happen if Ifedi manages not to get called for something first. Lots of things to fix here.
That's why fans are calling for cable's head. 1st Rd ifedi, 2nd Rd Britt, pocic, 3rd Rd obiyambo, 4th Rd glowinski all on rookie deals last season. And Seattle had chances to add Evan Mathis, j. Evans and didn't sign them after their visits, and couldn't land Lang. Settled for joekel.

Hawk's have invested draft picks on the OL.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Not like it matters for the Titans since they won't survive a trip to Arrowhead to even get a chance to meet the Jags in the next round.

Probably should focus on the team in front of you.

Reactions: Voight

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
The Seahawks have been living in some weird running back purgatory since they didn't give it to Marshawn at the goal line.

Meh. The Pats did a great job of shutting Lynch down that day and everyone seems to forget that. He was just running into walls.
Wilson should have kept it and run it in himself IMO.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
That's why fans are calling for cable's head. 1st Rd ifedi, 2nd Rd Britt, pocic, 3rd Rd obiyambo, 4th Rd glowinski all on rookie deals last season. And Seattle had chances to add Evan Mathis, j. Evans and didn't sign them after their visits, and couldn't land Lang. Settled for joekel.

Using 2nd and 3rd day picks isn't "investing". They can't scout lineman for shit and can't coach them for shit. Amazing how you give Schneider a pass.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Meh. The Pats did a great job of shutting Lynch down that day and everyone seems to forget that. He was just running into walls.
Wilson should have kept it and run it in himself IMO.

He had 24 for 102 (4.25 YPC) and had just got them 3 tough yards the play before to get them to the 1. With one timeout still in their pocket, I think feeding it to your tough-running back was the prudent play there. If he fails, you still have plenty of time for two throws.

I think I'd be okay with a Wilson run, too. I just hate throwing at the one at almost any point in any game because it's the highest probability for a turnover.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Yeah but almost half of that total came from just three of the carries. Can't argue beyond that though; any play on the ground would have turned out better than what we got. :ha:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Throwing is fine but some kind of slant out of a stack is risky. Throwing into the teeth of the defense. Wilson also threw a bad ball. With that much traffic he should have put the ball either directly on his body or low so its either a catch or no catch.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah but almost half of that total came from just three of the carries. Can't argue beyond that though; any play on the ground would have turned out better than what we got. :ha:
Remember it was 2nd down with 1 timeout left. 35 or so seconds to go.

I can understand throwing on 2nd down cause if you fail u can run on third and call timeout if you don't make it. Then still have 4th down. Run on 2nd and fail, u have to call your final timeout, making 3rd down an obvious pass call. Can't spike it afterwards cause it's 4th down and takes to long to unpile after a running call.

But throw a damn fade to the corner. Not into the middle of the D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->