NFL: 2018 NFL News & Notes discussion thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

This is exactly what I was hoping for and it actually happened. He's at his best just rushing the passer as part of a rotation and makes one of the best DLs even stronger. Grabbed Richardson from the Seahawks in the offseason and now got Johnson back too.

Vikings will need to make two moves to add Bailey and Johnson to the team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Maybe i'm whiny but is it seriously that ****ing hard to find a decent kicker?
Yes. Kickers need experience to go through the ups and downs. GB could have dumped Crosby after his horrible year in 2016 I think and he hit under 70% of his FG.

With Gonzalez gone along with Carlson down to maybe 5 kickers who are still with their first NFL club, either via draft or signed out of college.

Life of a kicker. All mental. Now that PAT are not automatic, kickers now have twice as many chances to miss a kick and let that impact them later.

Raiders lost a game cause they missed a PAT. Same with NE in the playoffs against Denver. How it goes now.

If you can’t convert a 2 point try later in the game it does impact the game.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Aldrick Robinson is a good depth player that will occasionally pop a deep one. He also plays special teams.

Yea I've always liked him since his SMU days.

This is exactly what I was hoping for and it actually happened. He's at his best just rushing the passer as part of a rotation and makes one of the best DLs even stronger. Grabbed Richardson from the Seahawks in the offseason and now got Johnson back too.

Vikings will need to make two moves to add Bailey and Johnson to the team.

Stacy Coley was one. Probably due to that horrible route on the called back INT and KR gaffe. I hope they get him on the PS though.

They didn't announce the Johnson move yet, but it has to be David Parry (who actually had a sack on Sunday) getting released. Unless they planning on carrying 6 DTs. If thats the case I'm going to nominate Roc Thomas again or Marcus Sherels' days might finally be numbered, he got hurt Sunday so they could move him to IR.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yea I've always liked him since his SMU days.

Stacy Coley was one. Probably due to that horrible route on the called back INT and KR gaffe. I hope they get him on the PS though.

They didn't announce the Johnson move yet, but it has to be David Parry (who actually had a sack on Sunday) getting released. Unless they planning on carrying 6 DTs. If thats the case I'm going to nominate Roc Thomas again or Marcus Sherels' days might finally be numbered, he got hurt Sunday so they could move him to IR.

I kinda liked Coley. Apparently they want to keep him on the PS so we'll see.

I'm hoping it's Parry who goes for Tom Johnson. I think Jaleel Johnson can handle back-up NT duties and I want him to get snaps this season.

Oct 18, 2011
Are there any tight ends the Cowboys can trade for? Much has been made about WR but I honestly think not having a solid target at that position is a pretty big problem.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What a dumb move. Let a starting DT go because you need room to keep a safety that wasn't even active for the game.

Some very non-Seattle type of things going on recently. You have this move that didn't make much sense from the minute they made it. Carroll not using Carson, who has been their best RB by far, much against the Bears and then saying it was because he looked gassed after playing on special teams, even though he only played two snaps on special teams. There was also Wilson looking upset on the field possibly due to play calls he didn't like.

It's still very early but they probably need to get on track in the next two games. They're both winnable and then they get the Rams after that.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I kinda liked Coley. Apparently they want to keep him on the PS so we'll see.

I'm hoping it's Parry who goes for Tom Johnson. I think Jaleel Johnson can handle back-up NT duties and I want him to get snaps this season.

Coley got claimed by Shurmur and the Giants. So there's that.

Parry did end up being who they released.

Reactions: Avs_19

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Some very non-Seattle type of things going on recently. You have this move that didn't make much sense from the minute they made it. Carroll not using Carson, who has been their best RB by far, much against the Bears and then saying it was because he looked gassed after playing on special teams, even though he only played two snaps on special teams. There was also Wilson looking upset on the field possibly due to play calls he didn't like.

It's still very early but they probably need to get on track in the next two games. They're both winnable and then they get the Rams after that.

I know! And that timeout that had Russell all mad? They called it to stop him from audibling out of whatever they called...as if he isn't experienced enough to know what he's doing.

It all looks very disjointed right now and they'd better fix it fast.

Reactions: Avs_19

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Drew Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees likely to break the all-time NFL record for completions this week. Needs 14 to pass Brett Favre.

Will probably break Manning's all-time yardage record week 5 against the Redskins at home, needs 814 yards.

Through two games he's throwing 81.3% completions for 682 yards, 341 ypg, 5 TD, 0 INT, 123.0 passer rating

Will unfortunately never receive GOAT talk but seems likely to own every major passing record by the time he's done. Guy's a beast

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Congrats Cleveland..... if Hue goes back to Taylor I'll LOL (not that Baker played amazing but he definitely swung the momentum their way)

Feb 24, 2017
How he basically walked on that is still mind blowing.
I just remember someone commenting, somewhere, that in his explanation interview or whatever he looked like a “big, sweaty, rapist”. And laughing when seeing what he looked like to earn that insult.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Lawrence Taylor: A Football Life

It took them way too long for this one but damn, hands down one of if not the best defensive players of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad