NFL: 2018 NFL News & Notes discussion thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The thing with Lamar Jackson is that they've used him so many times in other formations, that he probably hasn't gotten the reps in practice because they're too concerned with designing plays for him.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The thing with Lamar Jackson is that they've used him so many times in other formations, that he probably hasn't gotten the reps in practice because they're too concerned with designing plays for him.

He was also sick this week. I think thats why RG3 got reps.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Luck has been really solid when you look at what he has around him. Not much of an OL (although better than they have been in the past), average RB's, receivers are pretty "meh."

I saw him in person a few weeks ago and my eyes were opened. I always thought he was a pretty good QB, but I came away from that game thinking he might be top 5 right now. I don't think there's a QB in the league that's more responsible for his offense's success right now, or a QB in the league right now that's doing more with less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Il Mediano

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Luck has been really solid when you look at what he has around him. Not much of an OL (although better than they have been in the past), average RB's, receivers are pretty "meh."

I saw him in person a few weeks ago and my eyes were opened. I always thought he was a pretty good QB, but I came away from that game thinking he might be top 5 right now. I don't think there's a QB in the league that's more responsible for his offense's success right now, or a QB in the league right now that's doing more with less.

He looked pretty rough early but has turned it around.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

That's been the case from day 1, this is just what he looks like with an OL and competent coaching/management.

Luck's honestly incredible.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

latest

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A few days ago, Dorsey made a point to say he wants to interview a woman. He’s not entirely making it up.

If it was any other team it'd be one thing, but it's the Browns. Nothing surprises me with that dopey organization.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I am all for giving women opportunities in sports, and I am sure she is qualified to be an executive on a team, but head coach?

It's pure clickbait by Schefter. As you said, role on the team - fine. Head coach, obviously not.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Saints have more points in 3 games than the Bills have all year.

Over the last 8 games the Bucs -25 turnovers is the worst since the 61-62 Browns.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Look at the names they brought in...not that I care much about this story but clearly worse QB's are getting looks.

They signed Sanchez a few minutes ago.
I think all of these guys, despite how bad they are were in a training camp this August. Barkley got signed and played for buffalo within 2 weeks was with Cincy for camp.

We are finishing week 11 tonight.

No one you sign now is going to change the fortunes of your season. If Washington needs someone else after McCoy, then their season is done. Not sure what you expect Kaepernick to come in and do having not taken a snap and had DL rushing him in 2 years. He’s worth a tryout, to see where he is.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Does it make sense to design their offence around Kaepernicks abilities with 5 games left?
It doesn’t. If he ever gets on the field again he’ll need a full off season of OTA, camp and preseason.

As for Sanchez, he’s been around long enough that there are coaches who had him on their roster. Seems like that is the deciding factor when teams look for a veteran QB off the street. Who has any experience with the current offensive coaching staff.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad