NFL: 2018 NFL draft prospects thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Browns might have two top five picks this year. I feel like we've said this before but it'd hard for even them to screw this up.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
And if the 49ers win they might end up out of the top 10. Quenton Nelson or Harold Landry or Jaire Alexander please.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
So if Rosen pulls a Tony Dorsett on the Browns and no other QBs raise their stock enough do they lay up and pick Darnold or is the pressure to pick a QB too intense for them to even wait until #4? I don't see any reason for the Giants to deal.

Doomsday scenario: Rosen holds out and Darnold stays in school.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
He was great all year. Auden Tate is another receiver who will be a steal. 6'5" 225 with strong hands. If he puts up + marks in athleticism, he'll rise.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So if Rosen pulls a Tony Dorsett on the Browns and no other QBs raise their stock enough do they lay up and pick Darnold or is the pressure to pick a QB too intense for them to even wait until #4? I don't see any reason for the Giants to deal.

Doomsday scenario: Rosen holds out and Darnold stays in school.

If Rosen is the top guy on the Browns board then they should just take him.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Josh Allen should go to the Senior Bowl. He'd finally get a chance to play with better talent and even if he hurt his stock there, he's going to get a boost at the combine.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Josh Allen should go to the Senior Bowl. He'd finally get a chance to play with better talent and even if he hurt his stock there, he's going to get a boost at the combine.

I know that this shouldn't matter as much as it should, but NFL people love QBs that play in "pro style offenses". I'm pretty sure that Wyoming didn't run a spread offense. I think there's enough good tape on Allen that he doesn't need the Senior Bowl. It's not his fault that the talent around him wasn't as good as the other top QBs.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Draft media is higher on Allen than actual NFL personnel guys. He's a day 3 project like Logan Thomas or Cardale Jones. His tape is pretty ugly and he's an awkward athlete.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Draft media is higher on Allen than actual NFL personnel guys. He's a day 3 project like Logan Thomas or Cardale Jones. His tape is pretty ugly and he's an awkward athlete.

I didn't watch much of Wyoming. How many of his picks were forced throws? Or how many were due to his receivers not being very good? He did take a step back this year from last, but that's probably due to Wyoming losing a lot from last year. But still, even with those guys, his numbers last year weren't that great. But I can see why the media likes him.

Personally, I think he's a huge wild card, but I think he has a lot of upside.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
He had one of the lowest drop rates in college football at 4.8%. The lowest among draft eligible QB's. He has over 600 attempts and is under 57% completion percentage. That's Kyle Boller and Ryan Linsley category. He can make plays out of structure but struggles with processing, accuracy and pocket movement. If he manages to hit, he'd be a major outlier.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The thing about Darnold is that someone in his braintrust has to be wondering about him pulling a Matt Barkley.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Any chance the Browns might trade up with the Houston pick to 2 or 3?

For who? I think they should trade back from 4. Take the best QB you rate a 1 then move from 4 to 6-8 and get Ridley, need someone to make plays especially when you can't trust Gordon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad