NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Wild Card Round: (4) Dallas Cowboys vs (5) Seattle Seahawks

whom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Great win Dallas. Lots of talent on the Cowboys. I can hardly wait until they get a another OC and a real QB coach. The Cowboys are back and are going to be true contenders for a few years going forward. Get used of it Cowboy haters.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Great win Dallas. Lots of talent on the Cowboys. I can hardly wait until they get a another OC and a real QB coach. The Cowboys are back and are going to be true contenders for a few years going forward. Get used of it Cowboy haters.
Nothing is guaranteed in this league year to year. Look at teams like the Falcons and Panthers. That is why you have to take advantage of having a good year.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Nothing is guaranteed in this league year to year. Look at teams like the Falcons and Panthers. That is why you have to take advantage of having a good year.
I agree that nothing is quaranteed in this league. The Cowboys are young and talented on both sides of the ball. The future looks very promising. Let there be football!!!

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It amazes me why people still refuse to acknowledge Dallas has a pretty decent defense. Take out that garbage time TD at the end and Seattle came up with like 226 yards for the game. It's not like they're loaded with explosive playmakers anyway other than Wilson.

Dallas easily led in yards, first downs, time of possession. They ran for almost 180 yards on Seattle's alleged run-stopping defense. They were the better team. Blaming the playcalling on a seasoned coach like Pete Carroll is classic excuse making.
You know, it seems wrong to call it a garbage time TD when it came on the drive immediately after the Cowboys scored. It's not like this was a late score after the Cowboys had been sitting on a big lead for more than a quarter.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
That doesn't mean they would have won. I get why they wanted to be conservative. Lawrence and Gregory would have dominated the game. The issue is sticking with the run despite it not working. They needed to come out throwing in the 2nd half.
Pete Carroll's post game was odd.

He said they lost because they couldn't convert third downs. That's true, but they also kept asking Wilson to convert long third downs because of their insistence on running for little gain on the first two downs.

Then he also said they never could get the run going. Well, it wasn't for a lack of trying.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pete Carroll's post game was odd.

He said they lost because they couldn't convert third downs. That's true, but they also kept asking Wilson to convert long third downs because of their insistence on running for little gain on the first two downs.

Then he also said they never could get the run going. Well, it wasn't for a lack of trying.
It's always the issue with run heavy teams. If the run is not successful early, are you prepared to go to the pass more for a short period to get the Defense to back off the LOS before you can go back to the run. If the run doesn't work early, maybe you need to pass to open up the run later.
They have the QB to do it. To go 3 and out on their first 3 possessions was sad.... Fortunately, unlike Houston's D, the Seahawks D held them in the game in the first Q.
Seattle should've run more play action pass in Q1 knowing that the Cowboys would try to take away the run early. Trust in Wilson.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I've had enough time to think this over, and still feel like that game was so absurd I'm more stunned than mad.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Watching that game, I said to myself, this looks like Carl Smith playcalling. I had no idea the guy was even still in the league, much less on the Seahawks coaching staff. If he had input into the gameplan, it would explain a lot. How this guy has managed to stick around the league for so long while being so terrible is baffling.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Wow. I was wondering this but had to go find the number.

Only four snaps for Sean Lee. And one of those was the ceremonial first snap of the game.

Looks like the Cowboys have officially moved on from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad