NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Wild Card Round: (4) Dallas Cowboys vs (5) Seattle Seahawks

whom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
To think the last time Dak was in a playoff game, Dallas' defense got torched.

This unit used to be a bigger liability than it is now.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
They played well down the stretch and got into the playoffs so it didn't go as poorly as most expected but what we saw today was exactly what everyone was afraid of with the OC and offense. I'd say there's close to no chance of a change because this is what Carroll wanted but I really hope they don't waste Wilson again next year.

Wilson is going to be an interesting story this off-season. One year left on his deal, no negotiations, and the odd rumors about the Seahawks chasing Jacoby Brissett last year. Have to imagine they figure it out, but who knows.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like Dak but he's been a pretty average QB this year. I thought he was great today in the second half, though. OL came up big, too.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I like Dak but he's been a pretty average QB this year. I thought he was great today in the second half, though. OL came up big, too.

I think Dak has been good in the 2nd half with Cooper. Part of the issue is he deals with crazy expectations and revisionist Romo historians.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Dak has been good in the 2nd half with Cooper. Part of the issue is he deals with crazy expectations and revisionist Romo historians.

He's been fine. Inconsistent on deep passes and I can't stand some of the sacks he takes. Complete drive-killers, and I'm sure he leads the league in sacks that are his fault.

But overall, I'm a fan and he would still be in my top half of starters in the league.

Reactions: Amerika

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
He's been fine. Inconsistent on deep passes and I can't stand some of the sacks he takes. Complete drive-killers, and I'm sure he leads the league in sacks that are his fault.

But overall, I'm a fan and he would still be in my top half of starters in the league.

I think he can get to another level if he had an OC that would cater to his strengths. Take some pressure off Zeke.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

Not a football whiz but that's how I see him as well. He's a good player but damn he's frustrating when you see the attributes he's got. All his flaws seem to come from his head.

Reactions: m9

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Outside of the Kansas City game, Seattle this season struggled against some of the better teams.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Where is Seattle’s advantage aside from QB? Dallas’ personnel on D is either 1 or 2 in the league, their o line is very good, Elliot is amazing. Having 2 very good backs is great but it doesn’t compare to having Zeke. The receivers are about even, TE is about even.

Seahawks ran for 2500+ yards and 15 TDs this year at 4.8 YPC, and 2000+ yards if you leave out Wilson. Doesn't compare? That statement doesn't make any sense. I'll take that over the Cowboys run game anyday, which doesn't come close statistically any way you slice it . There's a reason Seattle had the #1 rush offense in the league this season. I wouldn't say their lack of production in one game is a knock on their overall "talent level" at RB or the offensive line. It's just one game out of 17.

As you noted, Seattle obviously has an obvious advantage at QB, the WRs and TE's about about even. Now Dallas obviously has the better defense overall, but it's not that much better. These teams were pretty evenly matched.

Seattle's play calling was god awful. Handed the game to Dallas.

And then there's this. Baldwin and Lockett were both getting open all night long but they insisted on running the old run-run-pass sequence. Their running game, as good as it has been all season, wasn't working. But their fallback plan happens to be one of the league's best QBs, so why not let him do his thing?

Last edited:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I’ve been saying if we can get 27 points for the next 4 games. We got a chance. Got 24 tonjght, but still won.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Seattle's play calling was god awful. Handed the game to Dallas.

Wasn't just playcalling. That's the easy out. The Seahawks defense was gashed for big plays in the 2nd half. Don't forget Zeke's huge run before half because no set an edge. They were outplayed and outcoached.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The difference to me was discipline on defense. Dallas got a couple big plays on the ground kicking runs to the outside when Seattle had poor gap control. And then that really bad play near the end where everybody turned their backs to the LOS and almost let Dak walk in for a TD. Cowboys were better fundamentally, which is kind of surprising since it's hard to out-fundamental a Pete Carroll team.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Wasn't just playcalling. That's the easy out. The Seahawks defense was gashed for big plays in the 2nd half. Don't forget Zeke's huge run before half because no set an edge. They were outplayed and outcoached.

nah it's play calling and everything else after that. HOF Qb and they barely let him do anything. Brutal. But as a Rams fans I'm used to Brian being the worst play caller in the league.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
nah it's play calling and everything else after that. HOF Qb and they barely let him do anything. Brutal. But as a Rams fans I'm used to Brian being the worst play caller in the league.

It amazes me why people still refuse to acknowledge Dallas has a pretty decent defense. Take out that garbage time TD at the end and Seattle came up with like 226 yards for the game. It's not like they're loaded with explosive playmakers anyway other than Wilson.

Dallas easily led in yards, first downs, time of possession. They ran for almost 180 yards on Seattle's alleged run-stopping defense. They were the better team. Blaming the playcalling on a seasoned coach like Pete Carroll is classic excuse making.

Reactions: fin8

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
It amazes me why people still refuse to acknowledge Dallas has a pretty decent defense. Take out that garbage time TD at the end and Seattle came up with like 226 yards for the game. It's not like they're loaded with explosive playmakers anyway other than Wilson.

Dallas easily led in yards, first downs, time of possession. They ran for almost 180 yards on Seattle's alleged run-stopping defense. They were the better team. Blaming the playcalling on a seasoned coach like Pete Carroll is classic excuse making.

What? I never said they didn't have a good defense. Stop inferring things. You have a HOF QB use him. League average play calling and the Seahawks win. Happy they lost, though.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

That doesn't mean they would have won. I get why they wanted to be conservative. Lawrence and Gregory would have dominated the game. The issue is sticking with the run despite it not working. They needed to come out throwing in the 2nd half.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
That doesn't mean they would have won. I get why they wanted to be conservative. Lawrence and Gregory would have dominated the game. The issue is sticking with the run despite it not working. They needed to come out throwing in the 2nd half.

So we completely agree? Their play calling and game planning cost them the game. Brian Schottenheimer is the worst OC in the NFL. Peter Carroll should be on thin ice for even suggesting they hire him lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->