NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Divisional Round: (2) Los Angeles Rams vs (4) Dallas Cowboys

lardal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Maher should have just beamed one at a defender on the line instead of kicking it deep.
I think the colts tried that in their game. Ball did hit one of the chiefs players but just grazed him so still went deep to the chiefs kick returner.

Logically, that’s the best shot now. There have been 4 recoveries on close to 60 attempts this season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Prescott needs better receivers at any rate. Draft a tight end early.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Prescott needs better receivers at any rate. Draft a tight end early.
Dak just ain't good. He's an average NFL qb, not good enough to put a team over the top but good enough to start. No amount of weapons is going to put him over the top.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
He misses too many throws. Always been this way and always will be.

This game isn't on him. He balled. Only thing is he needs to run more. He seems to loathe it but he's got a special talent for it. Dude is a powerful scrambler and refuses to really take advantage. He could have kept the chains moving tonight if he used his legs more and in a one score game it makes you wonder.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Dak just ain't good. He's an average NFL qb, not good enough to put a team over the top but good enough to start. No amount of weapons is going to put him over the top.

He's more than good enough to win with. He doesn't transform a franchise like a Rodgers or Mahomes but he can play. He needs to adapt his playing style and improvise a little more but everything else is there...

Reactions: m9 and fin8

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
This game isn't on him. He balled. Only thing is he needs to run more. He seems to loathe it but he's got a special talent for it. Dude is a powerful scrambler and refuses to really take advantage. He could have kept the chains moving tonight if he used his legs more and in a one score game it makes you wonder.

Watching too many videos of Mahomes torching defenses out of the pocket and throwing from the LOS. Dak should just tuck and go, I agree.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Watching too many videos of Mahomes torching defenses out of the pocket and throwing from the LOS. Dak should just tuck and go, I agree.

Consider their coaches: Andy Reid vs Jason Garrett. Night and day.

One guy has had a knack for turning mobile guys into throwers, the other....... claps

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Mahomes is a wunderkind. His creative instincts rival the greatest of artists. He elevates the art of football.

The best way to describe Mahomes is he's Brett Favre on steroids.

Favre had a knack for pulling something out of nothing with his seemingly insane side arm throws and shovel passes.

Take that, add some mobility and a brain. And you get this terrifying (but extremely entertaining to watch) result.

Reactions: Amerika

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The best way to describe Mahomes is he's Brett Favre on steroids.

Favre had a knack for pulling something out of nothing with his seemingly insane side arm throws and shovel passes.

Take that, add some mobility and a brain. And you get this terrifying (but extremely entertaining to watch) result.

I only saw Favre later in his career (2009 is the only great season he had after I got into football and even then it was with relative passing interest) but I agree.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Dak has a lot of Donovan in him. Inaccurate throwers who have good athleticism but they don't like to run. Donovan was better though.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Dak has a lot of Donovan in him. Inaccurate throwers who have good athleticism but they don't like to run. Donovan was better though.

Another one who's play I only saw later in his career but McNabb always came across as a borderline superstar (never consistently there) to me. I'd easily rank him above Dak.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Brett Favre often came across as a dumb as f*** QB though. Granted, I this I'm biased because of the 09 championship game but he feels like a guy who bought into his own hype too much and it led to some really, REALLY ill-advised throws.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Another one who's play I only saw later in his career but McNabb always came across as a borderline superstar (never consistently there) to me. I'd easily rank him above Dak.
Donovan was no doubt better, but they are similar. Both had good offensive lines but their receivers lacked . Dak has better receivers than Donovan did up until TO came, which was his 6th season in the NFL. He had a great season that year. The Eagles also didn't commit to running the ball, so more was expected of him as so since he was the 2nd pick in the draft. I think Dak is a starting level quarterback, but he wont be the reason a team goes to the Super Bowl.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Donovan was no doubt better, but they are similar. Both had good offensive lines but their receivers lacked . Dak has better receivers than Donovan did up until TO came, which was his 6th season in the NFL. He had a great season that year. The Eagles also didn't commit to running the ball, so more was expected of him as so since he was the 2nd pick in the draft. I think Dak is a starting level quarterback, but he wont be the reason a team goes to the Super Bowl.

Wait, this is before my time, but didn't McNabb have Westbrook running the ball behind him? Wasn't he a game-changing RB?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->