NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Divisional Round: (2) Los Angeles Rams vs (4) Dallas Cowboys

lardal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

member 51464

Absolutely stupid to kick the extra point. You know you need to go for it at some point, so do it sooner so you know what the result will be.

If you miss, now you know you still need two scores and can plan accordingly (you know you need to onside despite 3 timeouts, your playcalling is going to have to be even more aggressive, etc.). By putting off the 2 point conversion, you now have one shot: if you miss, you're probably not going to have any time left to do anything.
This is awful reasoning. If they missed the 2 points then, the game was over because they'd need two scores with so little time. Now they kept it to one needed TD + 2. Never go for 2 until you have to.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So is this an onside kick or ?

Onside recovery chances were always low but the NFL basically eliminated it now. It’d be nice if they could find a balance between player safety, which is most important, and still keeping it somewhat interesting.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Onside recovery chances were always low but the NFL basically eliminated it now. It’d be nice if they could find a balance between player safety, which is most important, and still keeping it somewhat interesting.

Make the line to gain 5 yards instead of 10?

member 51464

Now we just need the Pats to lose, and I can go back to not caring.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
DwwfphhWwAAbmZc.jpeg.jpg

This is why Dallas lost. Dallas left their toughness on the plane.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I didn't realize there were a bunch of Jared Goff/Ryan Gosling memes floating around but there are

I was thinking he has more of a young Paul Newman kinda deal going on

either way, he's dreamy af

member 290103

Loving seeing the Cowboys go down. The media hysteria over Dak's performance against the Hawks was ridiculous. Eat shit Boys.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maher should have just beamed one at a defender on the line instead of kicking it deep.
The play seems to be to do exactly that which seems like a rule that’ll get changed as soon as someone gets knocked out by it.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The two maligned home teams that a lot of people were picking to lose surprisingly step up on defense today

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The play seems to be to do exactly that which seems like a rule that’ll get changed as soon as someone gets knocked out by it.

If you actually hit the guy, the ball could go anywhere. Good chance it bounces right back to you. I would like to see kickers do this.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
If you actually hit the guy, the ball could go anywhere. Good chance it bounces right back to you. I would like to see kickers do this.

I may be wrong but it feels like defenses don't try to go for strips enough while down late in games. Try to knock the ball out with your hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->