NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Divisional Round: (2) Los Angeles Rams vs (4) Dallas Cowboys

lardal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'll take the Rams because they're the home team, but IDK, this is a coin flip. Would not at all be surprised if the Cowboys won with the way the Rams were sputtering at the end of the regular season.

Jul 10, 2010
I would say worst case. Another defensive team. Scratch out that meaningless Niners game and Goff really struggled down the home stretch.
nah best case. The Bears D is more threatening than the Cowboys, and the Cohen/Howard combo is a worse matchup than just zeke. Prescot/Tru is a slight edge cowboys but not enough to compensate for the other two.

Seattle i'd like to think the Rams would beat, but its awful hard to beat the same team 3 times in a year

Reactions: David Suzuki

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Rams should win, but it wont be easy.

Dallas is the type of team that can beat them. Elite rushing team with a strong defense can play keep away

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Going Rams, but could definitely see the Cowboys win. I don't have a lot of trust in Goff.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Really? You think the Rams would rather face the Bears then the Cowboys?

I don't think the Bears offense is as good. The defense won the last game on a cold night, it won't be cold Saturday. The Cowboys can run the ball well when they are at their best which can keep the offense off the field. The Rams D isn't that good. Their line outside of Donald hss been a waste.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I don't think the Bears offense is as good. The defense won the last game on a cold night, it won't be cold Saturday. The Cowboys can run the ball well when they are at their best which can keep the offense off the field. The Rams D isn't that good. Their line outside of Donald hss been a waste.

The Cowboys are an alright team. Phillips has dominated them since he left though. Talib also has dominated Cooper historically. Of course Elliot is great but anyone would run against the Rams defense lol. Their defense isn't actually that bad. A lot better with Talib then without, they do struggle against the run. Their game plan is to get ahead and force the other team to throw. They also have a good play making defense.

Read an article this afternoon saying the Cowboys struggle against play action, which the Rams run 40 percent of the time. Guess we will have to see. The Rams should win and it's a much easier match up then the Bears just because their pass rush is a lot better. Of course all of this comes down to Gurley being healthy and any given Sunday. But if Gurley is healthy he will be rested for a month by Saturday.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The Cowboys are an alright team. Phillips has dominated them since he left though. Talib also has dominated Cooper historically. Of course Elliot is great but anyone would run against the Rams defense lol. Their defense isn't actually that bad. A lot better with Talib then without, they do struggle against the run. Their game plan is to get ahead and force the other team to throw. They also have a good play making defense.

Read an article this afternoon saying the Cowboys struggle against play action, which the Rams run 40 percent of the time. Guess we will have to see. The Rams should win and it's a much easier match up then the Bears just because their pass rush is a lot better. Of course all of this comes down to Gurley being healthy and any given Sunday. But if Gurley is healthy he will be rested for a month by Saturday.

Gurley's health will be a factor and game tempo. If the Cowboys play to their running strength and the Rams D continues to struggle I think Dallas wins. This round is the most tricky. Sometimes the team on the bye struggles early with some rust. If the game goes to Dallas's formula i'm not sure the Rams can afford that. Dallas should aim for 35-40 minutes of possession as a goal. I also think if I win the coin toss I would recieve. Time will tell but I think this matchup is very interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad