NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Divisional Round: (1) New Orleans Saints vs (6) Philadelphia Eagles

nophi

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thanks Parkey. Defemsively the Bears did as expected. The offense keft a lor of points out there. That game never should have come down to a kick. For a first time playoff game Trubisky performed fairly decent.

But the Bears are not the Saints and in NO that D probably would get picked apart.

Don't thank Parkey. The kick was blocked. That was the only play that turned it in a game that was likely to be played exactly how it was.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Do you think the Saint's two weeks off will make a difference for their O-line?

Left tackle is worrisome. Armstead has a torn pectoral, which is typically season ending - he tried to play against the Steelers and didn't last 5 minutes. Bushrod has a hamstring issue and you never know how those things are going to go. Peat would be the next option, but he has a bad hand and if he does play left tackle, that means there's a hole at left guard, which would be manned by Will Clapp who is a rookie. Michael Ola would be next in line at LT, but he went on IR a couple weeks ago. They signed somebody to replace him, Cornelius something, but he was so bad during the last game they cut him the next day.

If Armstead was healthy, I would put large amounts of money on the Saints to win the SB. Without him, I'm just hoping they get past the Eagles. Brees' passer rating is 120.2 with Armstead in the lineup, 99.8 without Armstead. He's that much of a difference maker.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredSubban

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
and oh great, it's Carl Cheffers for this game. Worst crew in the league by far. Same bunch that called that Cowboys/Colts game that was so bad. I'd rather have Jerome Boger's bad calls and third rate Memphis pimptastic Hustle and Flow please tell me you didn't throw mah tape in the tawlet mane accent than this fool.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Don't thank Parkey. The kick was blocked. That was the only play that turned it in a game that was likely to be played exactly how it was.

All Chicago needed was to turn one of those 3 field goals into TDs. That two pointer was not the best call with a mobile QB should have tried some play action.

It was tipped but not nearly enough to make a difference. Looking at the two kicks the second one looked pulled left from the get go. If anything the tip may have gave it a chance.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Don't think the Eagles will win, but if they do they are winning the Super Bowl again. They would have already beaten imo the two best teams on the road.

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
and oh great, it's Carl Cheffers for this game. Worst crew in the league by far. Same bunch that called that Cowboys/Colts game that was so bad. I'd rather have Jerome Boger's bad calls and third rate Memphis pimptastic Hustle and Flow please tell me you didn't throw mah tape in the tawlet mane accent than this fool.

I think that playoff crews are still all-star crews assembled from the best officials from each umpiring position, much like MLB. Cheffers may be bad, but the others might be decent officials.

The fact that they never worked together all season is a concern, many commentators have expressed that they would like to see the best crews officiate playoff games rather than a collection of officials.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Should be fun to watch. The Saints have looked beatable lately and the Eagles defense has looked solid. Still, if the Saints can pass the ball consistently they should win I'd think.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Armstead, Peat and Bushrod all participated in practice today

giphy.gif

Sep 19, 2008
I think Sean Payton is one of the best motivational figures today. Not many I would want to go play ball with than him. That's just one instance of him firing up his team, but he's done it before many times. Really admire that about him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Armstead, Peat and Bushrod all participated in practice today

giphy.gif

I'm wondering how they're going to figure out to get more pressure. Eagles have shut down Donald, Watt and now Mack. Dennis Allen is going to have to figure how make someone we're not thinking of more dangerous.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
party pooper....

Actually I think it's possible Saints are a little better on the DL than those teams because they have more depth and they can rotate players more often. It's hard to compare 3-man fronts to 4-man fronts but the Saints had 36 sacks from their DL, which is better than the Bears (33, including Mack as a DL) and the Rams (31, if I counted right)

I'll still give the Eagles a slight trench advantage in this game mostly because the Saints OL is so banged up. Being able to practice is good, but when 4 of 5 starters (and 5 of your top 6) are still on the injury report after a bye week, you're probably going to have a bunch of people playing hurt.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
party pooper....

Actually I think it's possible Saints are a little better on the DL than those teams because they have more depth and they can rotate players more often. It's hard to compare 3-man fronts to 4-man fronts but the Saints had 36 sacks from their DL, which is better than the Bears (33, including Mack as a DL) and the Rams (31, if I counted right)

I'll still give the Eagles a slight trench advantage in this game mostly because the Saints OL is so banged up. Being able to practice is good, but when 4 of 5 starters (and 5 of your top 6) are still on the injury report after a bye week, you're probably going to have a bunch of people playing hurt.

Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham and Michael Bennett going to feast.

And the saints have a better d line than the Rams, Texans and Bears?

image0.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why not? They had more sacks than those teams, and they were the #2 rush defense in the league.

Sorry to bring, you know, facts into the conversation

Second level will be more important anyways. Foles is completing 75% of passes against the blitz in these playoff runs. They’re going to have to fool him with some looks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->