NCAA 2018 NCAA Basketball Offseason Thread

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm not a big Zion fan, but I dunno how you can watch him play and say that he doesn't make you think about those young-Barkley highlights. The kid is one of the freakiest athletes I've ever seen.

barkley is the freakiest athlete period. read that tim grover article. you do know who tim grover is right?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
barkley is the freakiest athlete period. read that tim grover article. you do know who tim grover is right?

"[...]Zion looks like what I imagine a young Barkley looked like for those old enough to have watched him in his youth. "

Nowhere did I deny what a freak Charles was...even though Zion is bigger than Charles with an even freakier vertical and similarly elite lateral quickness. I may be too young to have watched him play in person but I've seen plenty of footage and heard from old-timers that did; thus why my comment was meant as such a compliment to Zion.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
"[...]Zion looks like what I imagine a young Barkley looked like for those old enough to have watched him in his youth. "

Nowhere did I deny what a freak Charles was...even though Zion is bigger than Charles with an even freakier vertical and similarly elite lateral quickness...

I would say the vertical is freaky. I haven't seen him ball handle or go coast to coast. He is going to have to refine his game big time at the next level.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I would say the vertical is freaky. I haven't seen him ball handle or go coast to coast. He is going to have to refine his game big time at the next level.

Have you watched him play for Duke yet? I was really impressed by his handle & playmaking during the canada trip; as well as by his touch/finesse around the rim. I was expecting him to be a lot rawer than this, but he's already sold me as a point-forward in the NBA...even if I don't like the form on his shot.

...and it's not just the vertical/2nd jump/how quickly he gets up, his lateral quickness at that size is almost just as jaw-dropping to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad