NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Until Chris Paul actually proves not to be a playoff choker, I will forever refrain from picking a team he's on to go to the NBA Finals
If we are talking about Playoff choking, I have much bigger questions about Harden than Paul. That game last year was one of the worst performances in a big game I've ever seen.

Ironically, the biggest choke of Paul's career was against the Rockets with Harden on the bench.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If we are talking about Playoff choking, I have much bigger questions about Harden than Paul. That game last year was one of the worst performances in a big game I've ever seen.

Ironically, the biggest choke of Paul's career was against the Rockets with Harden on the bench.
Harden has questions, no doubt, but Chris Paul has been to the playoffs 9 times and never once been past the 2nd round. For the so-called "point god", the guy should have been able to at least make a Conference Finals by now.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Chris Paul cops all the blame and Blake Griffin nothing? Funny thing that.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I haven't watched much of the NBA this season, so these picks are more of a crapshoot than anything else.

Spurs in 7 - Unless Curry comes back and is Steph of old, the Warriors look like a team in deep trouble. The way they ended the season was really disheartening.

Rockets in 5 - I'm predicting Houston going to the finals

Jazz in 6 - I saw the Jazz against the Warriors this week and man, watch up for them. They looked really good

Blazers in 6 - I know nothing about these two teams, but I'm rooting for Damian Lillard to do well

Raptors in 6

Cavs in 6

Sixers in 6 - The 76ers are in the playoffs as a 3 seed? I'm completely shocked by that.

Celtics in 5 - I remember game one of the season one of Boston's star players went down and it was so somber.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Well, I was probably wrong about the Warriors. Spurs look pretty bad, and maybe the Warriors played so badly because they knew their position was safe? Still, the Warriors trip the finals this year will be their hardest yet.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
No one knows. I believe the last thing said was Kawhi wasn't feeling 100% despite the clear.

Since then it's been all speculation. He wants out of San Antonio, at odds with Popovich, etc.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Derozan and Lowry garbage, as is tradition. John Wall destroying the Raps. They are losing this series.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's still early my dude.

Though if for some reason they do lose this series, they're basically the NBA's Sharks. So much potential in the playoffs pissed away, again and again.

Reactions: Virtanen18

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Now it'll be interesting to see how the Raptors play after getting that game 1 monkey off their back.

We saw what happened with the Winnipeg Jets a few nights ago and how they totally kicked butt in game 2.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
The Heat making the playoffs with that roster is downright shocking. Spoelstra deserves Coach of the Year award

Reactions: Virtanen18

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It was close until the Wizards missed 9 of their last 10 shots. Pretty embarrassing for the 1st seed. Meanwhile the Warriors trounce the Spurs despite no Curry.
The were missing the shots because of good defense. It was pretty surprising they made a game of it TBH. Wizards were taking horrible shots all game.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It was close until the Wizards missed 9 of their last 10 shots. Pretty embarrassing for the 1st seed. Meanwhile the Warriors trounce the Spurs despite no Curry.

Warriors are a dynasty.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

The Spurs miss Kawhi more than the Warriors miss Curry. Both of them being out is a net gain for GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad