NBA 2018 NBA Draft

darko

Feb 16, 2009
What MMC meant with "Bender part 2" is a bust. He thinks Doncic will bust like Bender. Bit harsh calling Bender a bust.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
What MMC meant with "Bender part 2" is a bust. He thinks Doncic will bust like Bender. Bit harsh calling Bender a bust.

Yeah, I got that part. But even if you think Bender is a bust, what is it about Doncic that would make you (not you specifically) think that he will be as well? The Slav thing?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, I got that part. But even if you think Bender is a bust, what is it about Doncic that would make you (not you specifically) think that he will be as well? The Slav thing?

Surely not.

Then again there is that anti-Euro bias.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It didn't seem like the Kings could screw this up after getting into the top two but that may not be the case. Apparently they might be going with Bagley at #2 and they also really like Porter. They could end up being right if that's what they do but those two appear to have more questions surrounding them than the other top prospects.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Mark Cuban and the Mavs are praying like all hell every single day that Doncic falls to them at #5.

Personally, I don't think he should make it past #2 but teams get tricked into taking these high-ceiling players all the time. I'm also not convinced Ayton is the clear-cut best player. Doncic has shown in the second best league in the world that he's a superstar, I'm certain he can translate his game over to the NBA and start as early as next season.

Reactions: Avs_19

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Bender hasn't developed how I hoped, that's sure. he showed far more promise as a prospect. He needs to bulk up and be more assertive. With that being said, comparing him to Dončić is a bit absurd.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Doncic is a euroleague MVP and led his team to a title and his country to a euro basket championship. At 19.

Why are people comparing this guy to Bender? Other than being from the same country, different player, different position.

Doncic is going #2 to Sacramento.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
For what it’s worth, David Griffin says that the Sixers are looking to move into the top 5. The only reason to do that that makes sense to me would be to go after Doncic. And I would also assume that the only way to make that happen would be to trade Fultz (Simmons and Embiid being off the table).

Last edited:

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
For what it’s worth, David Griffin says that the Sixers are looking to move into the top 5. The only reason to do that that makes sense to me would be to go after Doncic. And I would also assume that the only way to make that happen would be to trade Fultz (Simmons and Embbid being off the table).

If they can trade Fultz to get Doncic, they should do it in a heartbeat.

Really, if they can get a Top-4 pick in this draft for Fultz, it's a huge win.

Too bad they don't have a GM to negotiate that deal.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If they can trade Fultz to get Doncic, they should do it in a heartbeat.

Really, if they can get a Top-4 pick in this draft for Fultz, it's a huge win.

Too bad they don't have a GM to negotiate that deal.

Personally I think Fultz is going to be fine. Doncic is the only player in the draft I would consider trading him for. Brown is in charge for now, I trust him to evaluate prospects although I’m not sure if I trust him when it comes to making trades. Then again, he knows his players better than anyone.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Bender hasn't developed how I hoped, that's sure. he showed far more promise as a prospect. He needs to bulk up and be more assertive. With that being said, comparing him to Dončić is a bit absurd.

Taller guys also take a bit longer.

Reactions: Ivan13

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Sixers should stay put imo. Keep Fultz and draft someone like Porter or Knox.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Sixers should stay put imo. Keep Fultz and draft someone like Porter or Knox.

They’ve had Knox in for a 2nd workout so they’re definitely interested in him. If they stay at 10 my guess is they take either Knox or Mikal Bridges. I don’t think Porter is a great fit and given the Sixers recent history with injuries to their draft picks I’d be shocked if they took Porter. I think he’ll go before 10 anyway.

Reactions: darko

darko

Feb 16, 2009
They’ve had Knox in for a 2nd workout so they’re definitely interested in him. If they stay at 10 my guess is they take either Knox or Mikal Bridges. I don’t think Porter is a great fit and given the Sixers recent history with injuries to their draft picks I’d be shocked if they took Porter. I think he’ll go before 10 anyway.

Yeah Bridges too. Forgot about him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Fingers crossed that Young goes to the Magic. They need a point guard in the worst way. The likes of Purvis, Mack and Augistin aren't gonna get it done.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Doncic is a euroleague MVP and led his team to a title and his country to a euro basket championship. At 19.

Why are people comparing this guy to Bender? Other than being from the same country, different player, different position.

Doncic is going #2 to Sacramento.
I don't think that he is now. He didn't release his medical info to the Kings nor has he worked out for them. Bagley has done both and says he wants to play here. I'm guessing he's taken at 2 tomorrow, which I would be fine with because Bagley has #1 potential.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Fingers crossed that Young goes to the Magic. They need a point guard in the worst way. The likes of Purvis, Mack and Augistin aren't gonna get it done.

If Doncic fell to 4th would you do Biyombo + 6th for Parsons + 4th. Take on around 8mil the next two years with Parsons but bringing him back home and keeping him as a rotation guy might get the best of him. Doncic could be a point forward like Simmons. Fournier - Doncic - Gordon is a good young group. Vucevic still a serviceable C and could be moved at the deadline if we're out of it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If Doncic fell to 4th would you do Biyombo + 6th for Parsons + 4th. Take on around 8mil the next two years with Parsons but bringing him back home and keeping him as a rotation guy might get the best of him. Doncic could be a point forward like Simmons. Fournier - Doncic - Gordon is a good young group. Vucevic still a serviceable C and could be moved at the deadline if we're out of it.
I might have a stroke if that happens. But if the Kings are smart they just take him at 2. But otherwise the Magic would be crazy to not do that

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I might have a stroke if that happens. But if the Kings are smart they just take him at 2. But otherwise the Magic would be crazy to not do that

Reports are that it's looking like Ayton, Bagley then Doncic so we would need to make a second deal to go from 4th to 3rd.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Reports are that it's looking like Ayton, Bagley then Doncic so we would need to make a second deal to go from 4th to 3rd.

If it looks that way then it may just be best to deal for the 3rd pick and be done with it. Otherwise I think just going with Young is best. Orlando really needed to pull off some kind of draft magic (no pun intended) and came up short. Now they are definitely going to have to trade up if they want any chance at expediting the rebuilding process. To say that they have years to go is an understatement.

The other most important thing is that the Magic desperately need to forge a team identity. With guys like Gordon, Vucevic. Fornier and (let's assume they take Young) they'll have a team that should be able to keep pace offensively with just about anyone but defensively..... ehh not so much. Their best defense will probably be holding onto the ball and clock control while on offense. Converting what shots they can is going to be critical all year long.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh yeah and FFS re-sign Hezonja and focus on his development. Put him in positions where he can succeed and see what happens. The Magic have NOTHING to lose this year.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Just take Doncic. I was listening to Zach Lowe's podcast yesterday and they said everyone behind the scenes talks about how Vlade doesn't like him for some reason. They mentioned it could be a big smokescreen but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad