2018 MLB Trade Speculation Thread

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I still think the Phillies would be perfect for him. The Cubs have way too much money tied up with Heyward and Darvish. Would signing Bryce to about $35M a year or whatever put them over the luxury tax threshold?

maybe im just hoping he at least stays out of the division ;)

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
At the beginning of the season I would have agreed with this, but Heyward has returned to his old form, I don't see the Cubs ditching him now.

They don't have a choice. Player option. And I don't see Hayward giving up 25 mil (or whatever).

I don't see them paying Harper what he wants.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What need? They are loaded with great RH power that is mostly young. And Andujar looks like a very good player at 3B. And Didi is a fine SS.

Andujar does look good, however he is still young and unproven. If you have the chance to add arguably the best 3B/SS in the league, you take it. Can always move someone like Didi or Andujar for an upgrade elsewhere.

I still think the Phillies would be perfect for him. The Cubs have way too much money tied up with Heyward and Darvish. Would signing Bryce to about $35M a year or whatever put them over the luxury tax threshold?

If Nats & Phillies/Cubs offer him the same or similar $$$, he'd be stupid to leave the Nats. Lerner has the most $$$ of the 3 owners and I don't see him losing his franchise player over money.

Cubs rumor is only because he and Bryant are friends.

Yes, without a doubt. They are at 182 M this year. They have no big expiring contract.

Also going to be in line to pay Bryant $25 million+ very soon.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Well it also helps to know what type of contract he wants. I mean theres likely a cut off when nats say no thanks

Oct 18, 2011
I would like the Angels management to be realistic and sell. They can make all the injury excuses they want but the bullpen was a clear problem before any of that got really serious. You're not going to win this year, the farm system has improved but now isn't the time mortgage any of that.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I would like the Angels management to be realistic and sell. They can make all the injury excuses they want but the bullpen was a clear problem before any of that got really serious. You're not going to win this year, the farm system has improved but now isn't the time mortgage any of that.
We don’t have any pieces to sell.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Selling and rebuilding are not the same thing.

The Marlins sold a bunch of talent in the Winter. That's not rebuilding?

What exactly are you trying to suggest the Angels should do? Continue to be playoff pretenders with this roster? If only Calhoun was having a decent year, he'd be one of the players on the market.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The Marlins sold a bunch of talent in the Winter. That's not rebuilding?

What exactly are you trying to suggest the Angels should do? Continue to be playoff pretenders with this roster? If only Calhoun was having a decent year, he'd be one of the players on the market.
I want the Angels to actually make an effort to put together a winning team with the best player in baseball like they should've been doing the last 6 years. I'm willing to give them one more season and offseason before we completely tear it down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad