OT: 2018 MLB Thread

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Padres gave a lot of money to Eric Hosmer. On the bright side, at least the Padres are doing something. On the down side, that's a big contract for a guy whose power numbers are gonna take a hit playing in Petco Park.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Oh nevermind...

I thought this was the middle linebacker thread.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good start for the Mets. Cabrera cannot be in the clean up spot another game. He literally ended every rally.

Well if you're gonna have your most dangerous hitter hitting 2 and your second most dangerous hitter hitting 3 there aren't a lot of options for cleanup without Conforto (who might bat leadoff again anyway). Frazier's closer to a classic cleanup hitter with his power but he also hits .210 with a lot of K's while Cabrera will give you less power but more consistent AB's over a full season.

They got a lot of production from the noobs today - including guys like Plawecki, Rosario and Nimmo who were all in the minors for most of last season. That's a good sign. Still not a believer in A-Gone but even he had a couple of hits and has to know his leash is pretty short.

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Well if you're gonna have your most dangerous hitter hitting 2 and your second most dangerous hitter hitting 3 there aren't a lot of options for cleanup without Conforto (who might bat leadoff again anyway). Frazier's closer to a classic cleanup hitter with his power but he also hits .210 with a lot of K's while Cabrera will give you less power but more consistent AB's over a full season.

They got a lot of production from the noobs today - including guys like Plawecki, Rosario and Nimmo who were all in the minors for most of last season. That's a good sign. Still not a believer in A-Gone but even he had a couple of hits and has to know his leash is pretty short.
I'd like to see Bruce at 1st, Conforto in right and Nimmo in center at some point this season. I really like Nimmo leading off and would like to see him play everyday. Conforto or Bruce can hit clean up.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Giancarlooooooooooooo... ooooooooooooo...

Also I am of the opinion that while the Yanks’ starting pitching is a question mark I think the concern is way overblown.

Severino did well yesterday, bullpen gives up one run, and we have a lineup that can out-tag an opposing pitcher.

Whatta ride this campaign is gonna be. I can feel it.

S’go Yanks, baby.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Giancarlooooooooooooo... ooooooooooooo...

Also I am of the opinion that while the Yanks’ starting pitching is a question mark I think the concern is way overblown.

Severino did well yesterday, bullpen gives up one run, and we have a lineup that can out-tag an opposing pitcher.

Whatta ride this campaign is gonna be. I can feel it.

S’go Yanks, baby.
WHAT HE SAID^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
THIS GUY
Sir Didi Gregorius✔@DidiG18
#StartSpreadingTheNews yankees win great start by #Tanaka
23f1.png
going 6 strong innings ... all around great game!!... #BillyThe
1f920.png
with a a hit in his first AB
1f38a.png
1f37e.png
1f389.png
and
1f525.png
1f525.png
1f525.png
bullpen
1f525.png
1f525.png
1f525.png
what a game!!!
10:08 PM - Mar 30, 2018

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Got tickets for Friday night's game, Orioles vs Yankees. Weather looks like it will hold long enough for the game, minimal rain and temperatures aren't the worst.
Hopefully have a good game and the Yankees win.

I hope for your sake the weather holds but my goodness it's a bad time to be a baseball fan in NY with this stupid weather. I know the easy-ish solution is just send all the Northeast teams on the road the first ten games of the season but it's not really fair to have the Northeast teams never have a true Opening Day, plus the Northeast is still gonna be dealing with crap weather in the second week of April.

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
I hope for your sake the weather holds but my goodness it's a bad time to be a baseball fan in NY with this stupid weather. I know the easy-ish solution is just send all the Northeast teams on the road the first ten games of the season but it's not really fair to have the Northeast teams never have a true Opening Day, plus the Northeast is still gonna be dealing with crap weather in the second week of April.
It's a gamble for sure; everything on the weather forecast shows I should be OK, just keeping my fingers crossed.
It has been crazy since I've been here; warm(ish) days, cold days, sun, overcast, little bit of rain, more snow. I keep looking at the weather back home and it's pretty much perfect and consistent lol.
Well, here's hoping for a decent baseball game on Friday.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
The fans who booed Stanton yesterday shouldn't be allowed to watch sports.
Yeah cold rainy night, first time in the stadium in NY. You don't Boo the guy for Gods sake. He shook it off in his post interview but you could tell it bothered him a bit.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Eh the fact it's cold and rainy just means they're gonna be less patient in general. I wouldn't want to be sitting in that April weather for an opener where you didn't even get the intros. But yeah that was a little quick of a heel turn even for NYY fans.

But he was gonna get booed anyway after a couple of bad games later in the season, might as well get the angst out of the way early.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
The Orioles are like the Carolina Hurricanes of the MLB

A so called division rival that has had past success but no one really thinks about now

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad