OT: 2018 MLB Thread

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Of all people on the team to taunt... the guy that is arguably the best pitcher in the game right now and by far one of the most down to Earth personalities in the league :huh:

They literally kept yelling "you don't throw hard! You're throwing like 25 mph you bum" and Jake turned around and said "Come down here I'll bring a radar gun out for you bud"

The fans all shut up lol

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Is this just baseless speculation, or is Aaron Boone responsible for the plague of injuries the Yankees have suffered this year? Certainly freak stuff like Judge’s couldn’t be avoided, but they’ve been very Mets-like when it comes to not putting injured players immediately on the DL and making it worse. And I’ll be damned if there isn’t something wrong with Severino’s health. That kind of drastic and sustained decline doesn’t happen on its own.

I never liked getting rid of Girardi (uninspiring as he could be), but I was willing to give Boone a chance. He’s blown it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
David Wright returns for one last game with the Mets two weeks from Saturday, the next to last game of the season. Too bad his career had to end this way. Best homegrown Met ever, by far considering the career he had, the fact he was a Met from start to finish and he never once embarassed the team or fans on or off the field. Loyal and all class from start to finish, qualities in short supply both in and out of sports.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Is this just baseless speculation, or is Aaron Boone responsible for the plague of injuries the Yankees have suffered this year? Certainly freak stuff like Judge’s couldn’t be avoided, but they’ve been very Mets-like when it comes to not putting injured players immediately on the DL and making it worse. And I’ll be damned if there isn’t something wrong with Severino’s health. That kind of drastic and sustained decline doesn’t happen on its own.

I never liked getting rid of Girardi (uninspiring as he could be), but I was willing to give Boone a chance. He’s blown it.

Severino pitched phenomenally last time out. No run support.

I don't think Aaron Boone has "blown" anything yet.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
David Wright returns for one last game with the Mets two weeks from Saturday, the next to last game of the season. Too bad his career had to end this way. Best homegrown Met ever, by far considering the career he had, the fact he was a Met from start to finish and he never once embarassed the team or fans on or off the field. Loyal and all class from start to finish, qualities in short supply both in and out of sports.

He deserves to have his number retired. Model Met, so much f***ing class. A face of New York Baseball for over a decade.

He is someone for Mets fans to be proud of for generations to come.

I'll never forget watching him hit his first ever walk off homer at Shea.

Reactions: tr83

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
pure shit offering from the cubs tonight…..9-0 L

1 hit for….

..while the brewers crank the reds 7-0….then again, it is the reds and a 20+ games behind record

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Has there ever been a team that finished 60+ games out of first place? The Orioles flat out SUCK - they're 60 1/2 games out right now and with 6 games remaining for them and 5 for Boston, it's a very good chance they'll finish at least that far out.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Has there ever been a team that finished 60+ games out of first place? The Orioles flat out SUCK - they're 60 1/2 games out right now and with 6 games remaining for them and 5 for Boston, it's a very good chance they'll finish at least that far out.

I think the Mets did once, early in their history

Baltimore should be ashamed of themselves for being that futile

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Wild Card officially in the Bronx.

*exhale*

Already the third AL Wild Card Game at Yankee Stadium.

They really need to expand the mlb playoffs another round. 2 teams at nearly 100 wins each shouldn’t be playing a 1 game takes all series. I’m surprised the mlb doesn’t want the extra revenue.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They really need to expand the mlb playoffs another round. 2 teams at nearly 100 wins each shouldn’t be playing a 1 game takes all series. I’m surprised the mlb doesn’t want the extra revenue.

Don't give them any ideas. I think the current format is great cause it rewards winning your division, the way the initial wild card did not. The fact that two 100-teams are WC's speaks to more of a fundamental flaw in baseball (the race to tank in the AL) than a flaw in the playoff system. For the lack of drama in the AL people would be complaining about the lack of drama in the NL if it didn't matter who won the NL Central or the NL West.

Besides, baseball is a rhythm sport, you can't give the top seeds too many days off with a three-game playoff. Nor should they expand the playoffs. Then instead of people complaining about 100-win teams playing a playoff they'll complain about 80-win teams making it.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Don't give them any ideas. I think the current format is great cause it rewards winning your division, the way the initial wild card did not. The fact that two 100-teams are WC's speaks to more of a fundamental flaw in baseball (the race to tank in the AL) than a flaw in the playoff system. For the lack of drama in the AL people would be complaining about the lack of drama in the NL if it didn't matter who won the NL Central or the NL West.

Besides, baseball is a rhythm sport, you can't give the top seeds too many days off with a three-game playoff. Nor should they expand the playoffs. Then instead of people complaining about 100-win teams playing a playoff they'll complain about 80-win teams making it.

Soooo... no 8 teams from each division nhl style? :sarcasm:

One thing I will say is that I would love JA Happ back in the 4-5 starter role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->