GDT: 2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Bautista has a .921 OPS in 125 plate appearances for the Mets. That's crazy considering how awful he looked with the Braves (really small sample size, but still... he looked awful).

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Bautista has a .921 OPS in 125 plate appearances for the Mets. That's crazy considering how awful he looked with the Braves (really small sample size, but still... he looked awful).
That's too bad for the Braves because we could use another bench bat right about now. Danny Santana is good for maybe 1 or 2 good plays a year but that's about it.

But yeah, he looked finished with the Braves. So oh well.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
im still trying to figure out how the heck they are only 5 games out. braves should have put them away
The Braves still have a lot of their own problems. They need at least another starting pitcher, 1-2 reliable relievers and probably another bat too. Good teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Brewers have sort of exposed them. Plus the craptastic homestand vs. the Reds and Orioles was really bad. The Nats being a revolving door of players going on IR and Harper struggling at times are the only reason we have these games in hand right now.

Also, look out for the Phillies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Jansen got 2 outs in the 9th and then blew it with the help of Puig.

Sep 19, 2008
I agree completely. I lived in the DC area for many years. Most of my family are die-hard Nats fans. But I think a big, and I mean big problem with the Nationals, is that they, their fan base, and their media, think and act like they're much, much better than they actually are.

Like you said, they've had tremendous talent for years. Arguably one of the widest and longest lasting championship windows in sports, let alone baseball. One of the weakest divisions in baseball. And they've done nothing with it. Zero playoff series wins, let alone a pennant or WS.

But if you listen to their TV guys, or the DC media, or their front office, (I used to listen to Rizzo's weekly bit on the sports radio), you'd think they were the 27 Yankees the way they talk and act, instead of arguably the most overrated and underachieving team in baseball the last few years. It's incredible how this team, with the talent it has, has found so many ways to lose in the postseason, esp. at home. Rizzo for all his accolades has yet to make a bold move or acquisition at a trade deadline to get them that final piece...or bottom line to put a team together that can win something in October.

Now that other teams in the division are getting better, their road is getting harder and will continue to do so. I don't think rallying to beat the sad-sack Marlins is going to turn their season around. They have too many other issues ongoing. And it's sad cause with them hosting the ASG, all the talk will be rightfully how Harper doesn't deserve to be there....

DC radio talks something other than the Redskins?

We must not be hearing the same thing because DC talk radio never talks about the Nats.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
The 6th inning phenomenon with pitchers in baseball is SO perplexing. Guys like Maeda, Rodon, McCullers, most first/second year guys. It happens so frequently where they'll be dealing thru five then you check the box score in the 6th and there are always guys on base. Is facing a batter for a third time really THAT big of a deal? Their pitch count would generally be around 75 at that point so that can't be it.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
The 6th inning phenomenon with pitchers in baseball is SO perplexing. Guys like Maeda, Rodon, McCullers, most first/second year guys. It happens so frequently where they'll be dealing thru five then you check the box score in the 6th and there are always guys on base. Is facing a batter for a third time really THAT big of a deal? Their pitch count would generally be around 75 at that point so that can't be it.
Yes

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Love the guy but Charlie Blackmon's contract is already starting to look awful and it hasn't even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->