2018 MLB regular season News & Notes thread (Gregory Polanco has surgery)

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Pujols was at the bottom last year with -1.9 WAR after a full season.

Davis being at -1.8 by early June is one of the most morbid and fascinating things I have ever seen.

Reactions: Bozle

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Davis' profile has always been worrisome. Not sure if he's injured or simply done, but with his profile you're almost a liability if you hit less than 30 home runs.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
LOL at joel sherman trying his hardest to justify the sonny gray deal for the yankees. what a loser

This is great. Of course it hasn't worked out for the A's yet. It's been less than a year, they got three prospects and two of them were hurt at the time of the trade. :laugh:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Davis' profile has always been worrisome. Not sure if he's injured or simply done, but with his profile you're almost a liability if you hit less than 30 home runs.

I remember when Boras was lobbying for a big contract in the offseason that Davis had not only great power as a hitter but also had positional flexibility because he can play OF as well. I was like...

Well, I don't know if the gif posted properly, but it's the one of Jennifer Lawrence going "Yeah, ok then" and giving a sarcastic thumbs up.
jennifer-lawrence-sarcastic-ok-thumbs-up

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Davis has really fallen off. Had those 1 or 2 great seasons and then fell off. Looks like Baltimore's going through the same. Shame too as they have some talent on the team, still.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's not really surprising. Wasn't the most he pitched in Japan like 100 innings in a season? Yet they try to have him pitch and hit over here against MLB competition.

I’m not sure, but I do remember reading reports that he had an elbow injury in the offseason. He decided to pitch through it.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the news about ohtani isn't surprising at all

there were a bunch of reports upon his signing that he had an injured elbow

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
And here's your MLB " are you kidding me " injury of the day.

from tsn.ca:

The Chicago Cubs have placed closer Brandon Morrow on the 10-day disabled list because of lower back tightness.

Morrow said Tuesday he sustained the injury while taking his pants off at home on Tuesday morning.

"Just undressing at my house," Morrows said of how he suffered the injury. "Like 3 a.m., in the closet, got my right leg off. Left one just felt like a spasm in my back. It's frustrating any time you can't get out there, especially when you can't go because of something stupid like taking your pants off.

"Getting hurt any time's frustrating, but when it's not related to throwing a baseball it's even that much more frustrating."

The closer said ideally the nature of how he sustained the injury would lead to a quick healing process.

"I'm hoping that since it's not like a trauma-induced spasm — like I wasn't throwing a pitch or lifting something or twisting — that once the muscle relaxes it should be OK," Morrow siad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad