2018 MLB off-season news & notes discussion thread

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If they put the one deadline on August 15th, it's 2 weeks sooner than the current August 31st. Not a big change.
14-16 games is huge in the context of the season. Basically 10%.

The change I REALLY want is limiting September call ups to 5. It's ridiculous the game changes once 9/1 rolls around.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Conflicting reports on whether the Braves have a strong offer in place for Realmuto. Latest:

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I wonder what kind of contract Corbin will get. The Yankees pretty much have to get him, I’ve read the Phillies like him, Dodgers might want him to replace Ryu if he leaves.

A bunch of big spenders going after a lefty I’ll guess 5 years 130 million.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Cubs are going to pay for keeping Bryant down to start his rookie year. He's either going to make them overpay or leave them.

His batting stance scares me, one knee injury and he may not be the same. Shoulder was bad all year. great player but going to be very expensive and I view him as a prime candidate to break down early.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Wonder when we'll start hearing about free agents being signed. I figure given the free agent class this yr. we'll hear about some signings before the end of this month.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Saw an interesting question...will giving up a high draft pick hurt Corbin, Grandal, Harper, Keuchel, Kimbrel, and Pollock as they declined QOs? Seems like GM's in all sports have placed an increased value to the draft in recent years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad