2018 MLB off-season news & notes discussion thread

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Khris Davis says he wants to stay in Oakland for at least 3 more years. If they were willing to sign Encarnacion 2 yr/50m, then give Khris 3 yr/60m.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
the cubs owner said they don't have the money to spend on free agents. the cubs.

curious what you guys are going to do during the strike? i might finally have the time to set up the arcade in my house like i've always wanted. i have all of my old consoles and a tube tv that still works.

Reactions: Voight

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
the cubs owner said they don't have the money to spend on free agents. the cubs.

curious what you guys are going to do during the strike? i might finally have the time to set up the arcade in my house like i've always wanted. i have all of my old consoles and a tube tv that still works.

Thankfully, there's a crap-ton of baseball game on YouTube that I have every reason to think will still be there when the time comes, so I'll probably just do that.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

There will be a work stoppage, but not because of clubs like the Cubs.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Are you thinking player walk-out or 2022? Because there appears to be no doubt there will be a strike in 2022, but I can't see the players walking out.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
reds will look to use michael lorenzen as a two way player. makes sense given he's the best hitting P in baseball

Reds reliever Michael Lorenzen will play some center field in spring training

Imagine going from Billy Hamilton to Michael Lorenzen on defense in center?

I get that he played on offense and defense in college (I want to say Cal State Fullerton, but I'm not sure), but throwing a pitcher out in center field isn't a wise move in my opinion. It isn't like he's an awful pitcher.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

I get that he played on offense and defense in college (I want to say Cal State Fullerton, but I'm not sure), but throwing a pitcher out in center field isn't a wise move in my opinion. It isn't like he's an awful pitcher.

yes CSUF

and its not like they'll be playing lorenzen full time in CF. getting him more ABs is not a bad idea though. guy is a hell of a hitter

Reactions: darko

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Yeah was a CF and a closer.

It'll only be in limited duties. Winker/Puig/Kemp will most likely be their outfield with Puig in the center.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Rick Ankiel, just look up some of his defensive plays from center. It's not a bad idea, only a bad idea if it doesn't work and they stick with it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Instead of demanding they be overpaid on the back part of their career the players need to fix a CBA that is completely exploitative of their best years and also fight these stupid service time rules that are anti competitive
Exactly. And then guys like Whit Merrifield get completely screwed because they were simply late-bloomers and never get a chance for a contract that matches their value.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Cards signed Wieters to a minor-league deal. Should be a good backup to Molina, confident he'll beat out Pena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->