• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Blowout in round one. Now it gets interesting before another probable blowout.

Results:
1. Kirill Kaprizov - 95.2% (40/42)

Added to the list was Brennan Menell.

Next in line (in no particular order):
Sam Anas
Nick Swaney
Connor Dewar
Andrei Svetlakov

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Voted Kunin.

Anas had a good AHL year last year and gets some love from a few forum members (not me). He could get a vote or two after the top-4 (guessing: Greenway, Kaprizov, Kunin, and Seeler) are off the boards.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Voted Kunin.

Anas had a good AHL year last year and gets some love from a few forum members (not me). He could get a vote or two after the top-4 (guessing: Greenway, Kaprizov, Kunin, and Seeler) are off the boards.
Ah, he'll probably be on the list for the next one. Forgot about him.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Kunin, every time i've watched him in college/wjc/pros he screams "Less douchebaggy (hopefully) Ryan Kesler".

Which will be an extremely valuable player.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It's Kunin pretty easily for me, but I can see why people pick Greenway. I hope the ACL doesn't make a huge impact.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Pretty much a toss up. Giving Greenway the edge because he was the better player when they played together at the Juniors.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Pretty much a toss up. Giving Greenway the edge because he was the better player when they played together at the Juniors.

Kunin was one of the few and highest scoring 2016 draft picks on that team. He was given the C and tasked as the shutdown matchup player.

So i don't know that you can say Greenway was better for sure given the distinct differences in role.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
As for Kunin vs Greenway. I think Kunin's 200 ft game is ahead of Greenway's by quite a bit and he is a more skilled player overall. Kunin as a RHS and a possible center moves him ahead in the team needs department. I also like Kunin's compete level more than Greenway's. The knee injury is a ding against Kunin, for sure. Greenway's size, if he uses it correctly, pulls him even if not ahead of Kunin's skill advantage. He also gains a little from recency bias in seeing him play in the NHL.

The biggest question I have, for comparing them, is their hockey IQ; this is what will end up separating them in the years to come.

I can't fault either as a pick for people on here. It really is close between the two of them, it just depends on what aspects people choose to focus on.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Why can't we see who voted for whom? It's always interesting to see who votes where...
Every time I've tried to do a poll in the past few years where you can see who votes, it never actually lets me see it. So on this one I just unchecked the option. I'll put in back up on the next one.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Kunin was one of the few and highest scoring 2016 draft picks on that team. He was given the C and tasked as the shutdown matchup player.

So i don't know that you can say Greenway was better for sure given the distinct differences in role.
Weren’t they on the same line?

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
I went with Greenway. Can't find many things to dislike about him. Everything is a positive for the most part or average along with high marks for character. If he puts it all together man, look out.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wish I could vote Kunin, but I saw nothing in his brief time in the NHL that showed he was anything but a bottom six grinder.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Every time I've tried to do a poll in the past few years where you can see who votes, it never actually lets me see it. So on this one I just unchecked the option. I'll put in back up on the next one.
Well that explains that! I've never had a problem viewing who voted where until you unchecked that option! :laugh:

Wish I could vote Kunin, but I saw nothing in his brief time in the NHL that showed he was anything but a bottom six grinder.
Agreed. Greenway showed more in his brief stint IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad