2018 MiLB Regular Season News and Notes/2018 Affiliation Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Well. That should definitely quiet the rather vocal crowd of Pawtucketites who claimed the PawSox needed Pawtucket more than Pawtucket needed the PawSox and that there was no way the team would move.
I try to be objective but when Road island fans go around Trashing the Worcester fan base i get Turned off. People waited outside of the dcu in the middle of winter to get autographs from sharks players and the summer collegiate baseball team is ranked 5th in the USA in attendance

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I try to be objective but when Road island fans go around Trashing the Worcester fan base i get Turned off. People waited outside of the dcu in the middle of winter to get autographs from sharks players and the summer collegiate baseball team is ranked 5th in the USA in attendance

To be fair, most of the comments I've seen during this process haven't been Pawtucket fans being critical of Worcester (although there've been a few) but more disbelief that the PawSox would ever leave McCoy and that the most recent round of renovations should have guaranteed the team stay there in perpetuity and that there's nothing wrong with McCoy, at least from a fan perspective. As Savannah fans saw when the Sand Gnats left Grayson Stadium three years ago, old parks have charm and history but they can also carry a ton of headaches and I'm sure as time goes on we'll hear about the issues McCoy had, just as Grayson's issues came out. The fan experience at a park is always vastly different from the employee and player experience and I'm sure this will be no exception.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
To be fair, most of the comments I've seen during this process haven't been Pawtucket fans being critical of Worcester (although there've been a few) but more disbelief that the PawSox would ever leave McCoy and that the most recent round of renovations should have guaranteed the team stay there in perpetuity and that there's nothing wrong with McCoy, at least from a fan perspective. As Savannah fans saw when the Sand Gnats left Grayson Stadium three years ago, old parks have charm and history but they can also carry a ton of headaches and I'm sure as time goes on we'll hear about the issues McCoy had, just as Grayson's issues came out. The fan experience at a park is always vastly different from the employee and player experience and I'm sure this will be no exception.
i think the McCoy is perfect talk comes from John Henry's group building up Fenway park in Boston as irreplaceable if a person grew up in New England And Never went to a Modern Mlb Ballpark they Would have a no idea why an owner would not be okay with a ballpark that is 70 years old

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Madison, AL has narrowed their list of 10 teams down to 5 after a first round of voting. Out of the running are such unforgettable monikers as "Puffy Head Bird Legs" and "Lunartics." Still in the mix:
  • Comet Jockeys - “Rocket City” was put on the map for its cutting-edge aerospace development. Comet Jockeys is a celebration of our brave astronauts who explore outer space.
  • Moon Possums - A scavenger at heart, these local critters are known for hanging around and having a good time with their family – just like going to ballgame!
  • Space Chimps - A tribute to Miss Baker, one of the first animals safely launched into space. She is buried on the grounds at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center.
  • ThunderSharks - Mix the powerful thunder of North Alabama’s storms with the ultra-strong, sleek determination of the shark and you end up with the personality of our community: willing to attack any problem. Visiting teams won’t mess with ThunderSharks.
  • Trash Pandas - (Slang for raccoon) Our community is known for engineering, and no creature in our galaxy is as smart, creative, determined and ingenious a problem solver – dedicated to the challenge at hand – as our local raccoons!
The name will be unveiled in 3 weeks on September 5th.

Also, Erie (Double-A, Eastern League) has renewed with the Tigers through 2020.

Last edited:

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
  • Comet Jockeys - “Rocket City” was put on the map for its cutting-edge aerospace development. Comet Jockeys is a celebration of our brave astronauts who explore outer space.
  • Moon Possums - A scavenger at heart, these local critters are known for hanging around and having a good time with their family – just like going to ballgame!
  • Space Chimps - A tribute to Miss Baker, one of the first animals safely launched into space. She is buried on the grounds at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center.
  • ThunderSharks - Mix the powerful thunder of North Alabama’s storms with the ultra-strong, sleek determination of the shark and you end up with the personality of our community: willing to attack any problem. Visiting teams won’t mess with ThunderSharks.
  • Trash Pandas - (Slang for raccoon) Our community is known for engineering, and no creature in our galaxy is as smart, creative, determined and ingenious a problem solver – dedicated to the challenge at hand – as our local raccoons!

If there was a "None of the above," this would be it."

Also, the Eastern League announced a new logo:

Double-A Eastern League Unveils New League Logo

Eastern-League-New-Logo.png

Maybe the balance of Blue, Red, and White is off a bit (and it's based on Brandiose), but it's a small improvement from the old logo.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009

• Trash Pandas - 44.75% of the vote
  • ThunderSharks - 19.25% of the vote
  • Moon Possums - 12.57% of the vote
  • Space Chimps - 12.05% of the vote
  • Comet Jockeys - 11.38% of the vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events