GDT: 2018 Maple Leafs Trade Deadline Thread Pt.II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
They gave up a lot if thats true.... In leafs land that would equal

Nylander, Carrick, Goat or leivo, 1st and conditional second....

Really? you'd do that for him?
not even close to the equivalent.

Nylander himself could probably get McDonagh and Miller

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
They gave up a lot if thats true.... In leafs land that would equal

Nylander, Carrick, Goat or leivo, 1st and conditional second....

Really? you'd do that for him?

In what f***ing world is Namestnikov comparable to Nylander? The guy wasn't even in the league at Nylanders age.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Would everyone else have been fine with giving up 1st, 2nd, Liljegren, Rasanen and probably a Nylander or Marner to beat that offer?

That's around the price.

Good on Lou holding off on that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Disappointed we didn't do anything today.

Plekanec is a perfect fit for us though. Excited to see him tonight

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Why are people saying that's it?

Would people be ok with giving up a 1st, 2nd, Liljegren/Dermott (one of which NYR would have to have), Johnsson, and maybe another piece also ?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If thats the return for McDonagh, I'm pissed. We couldve matched or even beat it.

If not mcdonagh, we could easily picked up a depth defenseman as well. Ian cole went for peanuts.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If thats the return for McDonagh, I'm pissed. We couldve matched or even beat it.

If not mcdonagh, we could easily picked up a depth defenseman as well. Ian cole went for peanuts.

All this means... More Polak.

Whatever

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

you'd be okay with brown and two 1sts for mcdonough? i don't think the leafs are close enough to do something like that

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
So the two prospects going to NYR are Tampa's 1st and 2nd round picks in 2016 (#27 and 37 overall).

I'm ok with the Leafs not making this trade, just pissed that Tampa ended up with them.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Would everyone else have been fine with giving up 1st, 2nd, Liljegren, Rasanen and probably a Nylander or Marner to beat that offer?

That's around the price.

Good on Lou holding off on that.
what the f*** are you talking about? That's a comparable/better offer before even getting into Nylander/Marner. Why on earth would they be probable? throw ins?

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Basically it means the Lamerillo understands that this is not the year to go 'all in' we have a great young core and more prospects in the pipeline, our window is just starting, this is a move you make when you are later in your window.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Nemestikov is a 25 year old center who is having a breakthrough year and is gonna put up 60-70 points this year.

Who would you compare him to on the Leafs?

member 262271

That reeks of one team doing another team a favour, seems to be happening more and more.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
this is the rub, Leafs not ready to buy big ticket pieces to compete with the big boys. Therefore not selling impending UFA's and acquiring TP could blow up in their faces. You either got to be all in or all out imo. That being said, what's done is done and I hope they can catch lightning in a bottle. As for the debate of keeping/trading impending UFA's, time will tell which side had it right.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A little surprised we didn't further add today, but happy with obtaining Plekanec. Guess NYR helped stock our playoff competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad