GDT: 2020 HHOF Inductions June 24 - Alfredsson's 4th attempt. Start post #206

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
So does the player decide which team he goes in as or does the league?? Given Alfredsson's dislike for our owner, he may choose Detroit if elected LOL or Sweden

Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't believe he goes in affiliated to just one team. I believe they just celebrate him as a player in the league, not as a player for a specific team.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't believe he goes in affiliated to just one team. I believe they just celebrate him as a player in the league, not as a player for a specific team.
You are correct – and thank god for that. I don't know that the city would be able to deal with Alfie choosing not to go in as a Sen. That said, I don't think he'd be that petty. He respects the fanbase infinitely more than he respects an owner on his way out.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
My Ballot though would be:

Martin Brodeur (DUHH)
Martin St. Louis (Again to me this is a no brainer. Great story line, great career, has cup, has individual awards etc..)
Daniel Alfredsson (I'm a sens fan so probs biased, but good long career who really built a hockey community in Ottawa.)
Theo Fleury (With no viable women this year IMO, I think its time to give Theo what he deserves.)

I would be 200% on board with them waiving the waiting period for Hayley Wickenheiser though

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Brodeur
O’Ree (maybe)
Some female player

That leaves two spots I guess? I don’t know if they always induct five. If they do, I don’t think Alfie gets in. Maybe St. Louis and one guy who has waited a long time, or no St.Louis and two guys who have waited a long time.

Roenick? Tkachuk? Larmer? Zubov? Mogilny? Turgeon?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I hope we see something like Brodeur, St. Louis, Alfredsson, Zubov, Jayna Hefford and O'Ree as a builder.

More realistically, I worry that St. Louis and Alfredsson are too similar in voters' eyes.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Brodeur
O’Ree (maybe)
Some female player

That leaves two spots I guess? I don’t know if they always induct five. If they do, I don’t think Alfie gets in. Maybe St. Louis and one guy who has waited a long time, or no St.Louis and two guys who have waited a long time.

Roenick? Tkachuk? Larmer? Zubov? Mogilny? Turgeon?

None of these guys, over the course of their careers, has had quite the impact that Alfie had as the captain and franchise player of a cash strapped organization. And he was that over notable players such as Chara, Hossa, Heatley, Yashin, Spezza, et. al.

Reactions: Flamingo

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Are there any locks for next year? I don’t know who is going into their first year of eligibility next year.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Let's face it, he's never getting in, not while Toronto is making the ballot. We could have trent over presenting his awesome arguments right to their faces and they still won't vote him in.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Brodeur is a lock.

St. Louis
Roenick
Mogilny
Fleury
Joseph
Tkachuk
Turgeon
Zubov
Larmer
Gonchar

Have to think one woman will get in. Wickenheiser is not eligible I don’t think, but we should see one female get in regardless.

I’m going to guess Turgeon gets in, but that’s just a guess. I hope Alfie gets in, but my guess is he has to wait until next year.

Tough group...it could also depend on having the first player from the current day Senators franchise inducted as well, that may be a factor as well.

I can see Turgeon and Tkachuk getting the Ciccarelli treatment...

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I think he deserves it, not just because I'm a homer. He was an excellent offensive AND defensive player. Amazing leader as well. It's the defensive side of his game that is vastly underappreciated. Had he not committed himself to defending as well as he did, he's got an extra 200+ points. He's a Calder winner, Messier winner and King Clancy winner. Olympic gold medal winner. No Cup certainly hurts his resume, but he is one of the absolute BEST two way wingers to play the game over the past 20 years. Affected the game at both ends. As good as Sundin who was fortunate enough to play in that inflated 1992-93 season before the dead puck era hit.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think he deserves it, not just because I'm a homer. He was an excellent offensive AND defensive player. Amazing leader as well. It's the defensive side of his game that is vastly underappreciated. Had he not committed himself to defending as well as he did, he's got an extra 200+ points. He's a Calder winner, Messier winner and King Clancy winner. Olympic gold medal winner. No Cup certainly hurts his resume, but he is one of the absolute BEST two way wingers to play the game over the past 20 years. Affected the game at both ends. As good as Sundin who was fortunate enough to play in that inflated 1992-93 season before the dead puck era hit.
Does a person in St. Louis know about how well he was as a player or do they even remember he was our captain? I don't think was ever acknowledged around the league as one of the best, ever, and that is the reason why he only gets in when the players around with better accomplishments get.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
St Louis deserved it, but so does Theo Fleury.

Fleury was one of the funnest hockey players ever to play the game, he had skill, he was fearless in the true sense of the word.

Alfie will get in

Reactions: Stylizer1

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Alfie should have made it in. Hopefully next yr. Great to see O'ree get in along with Brodeur and St.Louis. LOL at Bettman getting in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->