• Blake Speers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
A little late this year, but it's time for our annual prospect rankings.

As of right now, the eligible prospects for the poll include the entire development camp roster along with the Russians (Popugayev, Zaitsev, and Maltsev).

Total list is here. Italics are already in the first poll.

Joey Anderson
Nathan Bastian
Xavier Bernard
Mackenzie Blackwood
Jesper Boqvist
Jocktan Chainey
Jeremy Davies
Brandon Gignac
Mitchell Hoelscher
Cam Johnson
Mikhail Maltsev
Michael McLeod
Eetu Pakkila
Nikita Popugayev
John Quenneville
Akira Schmid
Brett Seney
Gilles Senn
Yegor Sharangovich
Ty Smith
Blake Speers

Colby Sissons
Marian Studenic
Aarne Talvitie
Reilly Walsh

Colton White
Fabian Zetterlund

As always, remember to pick someone to add to the poll.

Reactions: Darkauron

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Figured this was a comp between Smith and McLeod, also figured Smith would win. So I went McLeod.

Add Bastian.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Quick question...

Did this poll used to be the top players under 25, and not just top prospects? I vaguely remember voting for players already in the NHL in the distant past.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Quick question...

Did this poll used to be the top players under 25, and not just top prospects? I vaguely remember voting for players already in the NHL in the distant past.

This has always been a prospects poll. For a while I used hockeysfuture guidelines on what they do and don't consider a prospect, but since then it's been pretty arbitrary. For the most part, it's been 25 or younger and less than 65 games of experience.

Guys like Noesen and Coleman fit those guidelines last year even though they finished the year with the team.

Bratt has a bit of an argument to be included in this poll, but for all intents and purposes, I'd consider him an NHL player. If enough people want to add him, I could always add Bratt in the next poll (I doubt he'd be over Smith anyways).

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
This has always been a prospects poll. For a while I used hockeysfuture guidelines on what they do and don't consider a prospect, but since then it's been pretty arbitrary. For the most part, it's been 25 or younger and less than 65 games of experience.

Guys like Noesen and Coleman fit those guidelines last year even though they finished the year with the team.

Bratt has a bit of an argument to be included in this poll, but for all intents and purposes, I'd consider him an NHL player. If enough people want to add him, I could always add Bratt in the next poll (I doubt he'd be over Smith anyways).
I argued for Zacha last year, and was over ruled. Precedent has been set. No Bratt.

Though I'd consider voting him over Smith if he were allowed in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->