Prospect Info: 2018 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #7

Who is the 7th best Devils prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
I am of the opinion that these polls are heavily biased in favor of my successor. Where, for instance, is Brandon Baddock?

It is evident that this forum doesn't understand the potential of Mackenzie Blackwood. He still has a lot to show, and it seems I alone am aware of this. You'll see. You'll all see.

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Binghamton was awful but Speers, Gignac, and Bastian's first year in the AHL is likely a big reason for their fall so far.

It doesn't mean they are finished as prospects, but it definitely makes you worry a bit about how well their game will translate to the pros. Let's hope it's more of a case of having a very bad AHL team and they rebound a bit.

Until that happens though, I think it's warranted to argue guys like Seney, Davies, Walsh, and Boqvist who have continued to progress over them.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Binghamton was awful but Speers, Gignac, and Bastian's first year in the AHL is likely a big reason for their fall so far.

It doesn't mean they are finished as prospects, but it definitely makes you worry a bit about how well their game will translate to the pros. Let's hope it's more of a case of having a very bad AHL team and they rebound a bit.

Until that happens though, I think it's warranted to argue guys like Seney, Davies, Walsh, and Boqvist who have continued to progress over them.

Weren’t BASTIAN and Gignac there relatively early? JQ used up his non-overage eligibility before making the jump. Didn’t Bastian and Gignac each have one more year of that last season?

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
I am of the opinion that these polls are heavily biased in favor of my successor. Where, for instance, is Brandon Baddock?

It is evident that this forum doesn't understand the potential of Mackenzie Blackwood. He still has a lot to show, and it seems I alone am aware of this. You'll see. You'll all see.
:laugh:
He's become somewhat iffy. Thanks for passing on Brayden Point three times!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Weren’t BASTIAN and Gignac there relatively early? JQ used up his non-overage eligibility before making the jump. Didn’t Bastian and Gignac each have one more year of that last season?

They were there a year earlier than they had to be.

It's hard to gauge considering there's not many comparables out there. Most prospects that go to the AHL earlier than 20 are top prospects whereas Bastian and Gignac were always in that good, but not great category.

Ideally, you would like to see them have a strong season and break expectations a bit. If they're going to be good players and not just your run of the mill forward, you'd like to see them have that type of season where they separate themselves from their group. It could still happen of course, but the further they get from the draft the less likely it is to happen.

The last part is likely a big reason why guys that had a strong season this past year are jumping them on the chart. Speers, Bastian, and Gignac haven't really done anything so far since being drafted where they have stood out.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They were there a year earlier than they had to be.

It's hard to gauge considering there's not many comparables out there. Most prospects that go to the AHL earlier than 20 are top prospects whereas Bastian and Gignac were always in that good, but not great category.

Ideally, you would like to see them have a strong season and break expectations a bit. If they're going to be good players and not just your run of the mill forward, you'd like to see them have that type of season where they separate themselves from their group. It could still happen of course, but the further they get from the draft the less likely it is to happen.

The last part is likely a big reason why guys that had a strong season this past year are jumping them on the chart. Speers, Bastian, and Gignac haven't really done anything so far since being drafted where they have stood out.

Everyone has a choice when to and not raise their voices it’s you that decides.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

I'm glad your son got tipped to look at Wood but Baddock, Chatham and Rehill all in the same draft, what were you thinking?

Beastdog75

C'mon Dougie, swat him he's a fly!
Dec 18, 2005
Brick, NJ
Thanks for participating Mr Blackwood
Hope your son has a good season.. .

I hope so too, he's a good boy :-D
But seriously, I still have hope for him. I think he can at least be a Kinkaid replacement when the time comes.

Has he really fallen that much out of grace with the fans here?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Wasn’t Gignac hurt a good chunk of the year? Though who wasn’t hurt in Bingo last year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->