Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Prob better than yours

giphy.gif

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
How is Walsh over Anderson on your list? Walsh is legit years away because of college.

McLeod and Anderson are both pros this year.

Is the ranking who is closest to making the NHL or who you think the best prospect is? If it's the former, Smith probably shouldn't be 1. It would realistically be JQ.

I take this poll to be who I think will be the best player, whether it be this year or several years down the line.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Is the ranking who is closest to making the NHL or who you think the best prospect is? If it's the former, Smith probably shouldn't be 1. It would realistically be JQ.

I take this poll to be who I think will be the best player, whether it be this year or several years down the line.
McLeod @ 2 for 3 straight years...It's an interesting commentary. It looks more like wishful thinking than honest prospect ranking....I really don't see how anyone could possibly have McLeod over Joey Anderson in any logical analysis.

Personally I don't think McLeod belongs in the top 5 based on the criteria who will be the best player.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
McLeod @ 2 for 3 straight years...It's an interesting commentary. It looks more like wishful thinking than honest prospect ranking....I really don't see how anyone could possibly have McLeod over Joey Anderson in any logical analysis.

Personally I don't think McLeod belongs in the top 5 based on the criteria who will be the best player.
I like McLeod better then Anderson. I may have even voted him #1.

People poo on McLeod's #'s, but if he was a 3rd round pick and posted those #'s, while also bringing the other attributes to the table, fans we be ga ga.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

People poo on McLeod's #'s, but if he was a 3rd round pick and posted those #'s, while also bringing the other attributes to the table, fans we be ga ga.

If he was a 3rd round pick it would be a very promising pick...But he was an #11 overall...(I know he was actually a #12) -- A fasting grinding player like a Coleman or Wood is right for the 3rd round not #11

But the meat of the matter is what Anderson did in his Draft +1 and +2 blows away anything McLeod has done since being drafted

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If he was a 3rd round pick it would be a very promising pick...But he was an #11 overall...(I know he was actually a #12) -- A fasting grinding player like a Coleman or Wood is right for the 3rd round not #11

But the meat of the matter is what Anderson did in his Draft +1 and +2 blows away anything McLeod has done since being drafted
Yeah, nah. Andersons numbers last year were not spectacular. Comparing college #'s to juniors #'s is pretty difficult, but there is no way you can say his performance blew away McLeod.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016

lol this didn't help mikey's case

to me, it's more than just numbers, it's also what we project the player to become at the NHL level. so in that regard, no doubt there's some amount of wishful thinking, but i don't think it completely dictates that joey < mikey. for example, i think style of play contributes to why most would rank mikey over joey. mikey is universally seen as a catalyst on the ice in both zones and, not to mention, plays the more important position. conversely, while joey's numbers look great, his style is more complimentary and, while he does a lot of things well, he doesn't have one super high end aspect to his game. it's still completely reasonable that joey surpasses mikey at some point in time, but i think a lot of people still look at mikey and think he can slot in comfortably behind Nico and drive a line

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yeah, nah. Andersons numbers last year were not spectacular. Comparing college #'s to juniors #'s is pretty difficult, but there is not way you can say his performance blew away McLeod.

yeah really and it is not close...Anderson was the captain of the bronze medal USA U20 team. He won a national championship in the same year.... His bio since being drafted is spectacular...Against men in the NCAA not 16 year olds in the OHL.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Joey Anderson:

Put together a nationally-recognized resume as an offensive difference maker with the 2016-17 Bulldogs ... pocketed a nifty 37 points to take a backseat only to All-American Alex Iafallo on the UMD charts ... that scoring output was the largest by a Bulldog rookie in six years (J.T. Brown with 37 points) ... ranked fourth among all NCAA newcomers in assists (25) and fifth in points ... nailed down a spot on the NCHC All-Rookie Team as well as the NCAA West Regional All-Tournament Team ... was a two-time NCHC Rookie of the Month (November and March/April) and the Hockey Commissioner's Association Rookie of the Month for March/April ... helped propel UMD to its first NCHC Frozen Faceoff title by scoring a 5-on-3 power play go with 51 seconds to go in regulation in a 4-3 title bout triumph over North Dakota -- a signature moment, to say the least ... scored twice (one of his two, multi-goal nights last season) and added an assist against St. Cloud State on Nov. 4 and then generated two more points the ensuing evening in a second straight 5-3 takedown of the Huskies ... attained NCHC Rookie of the Week honors for that spirited two-day performance ... skated on Team USA's top line at the 2017 International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championships last winter (later December and early December) and became the first Bulldog to ever claim a gold medal at that event (he was the 14th UMD skater to compete in the IIHF juniors) ... missed three UMD outings due to that commitment .

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Aethon, since you mentioned Anderson’s freshman year, do you think it hurts his rankings that his production decreased his sophomore year?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Aethon, since you mentioned Anderson’s freshman year, do you think it hurts his rankings that his production decreased his sophomore year?
Not all. It was to be expected...They lost a ton of offensive talent to graduation it was pretty well know before the season that would happen.

The kid is just a winner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->