Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F Veleno Joseph

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Every year there's a mock draft done by the team boards of HF -- here are the results of 2015, 2016, and 2017. Rules are easy: just pick the player you want your team to draft based on who is still available; "trade the pick" is not an option ;)

2018 Mock Draft
1 BUF --- D Rasmus Dahlin 117/126 (93%)
2 CAR --- F Andrei Svechnikov 69/74 (93%)
3 MTL --- F Filip Zadina 56/71 (79%)
4 OTT --- F Brady Tkachuk 38/71 (54%)
5 ARI --- F Oliver Wahlstrom 34/49 (69%)
6 DET ---
7 VAN ---
8 CHI ---
9 NYR ---
10 EDM ---
11 NYI ---
12 NYI* ---
13 DAL ---
14 PHI* ---
15 FLA ---
16 COL ---
17 NJD ---
18 CBJ ---
19 PHI ---
20 LAK ---

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Dobson until someone can confirm that Boqvist did not have a concussion at the U18 tournament. I would also consider trading back one or two spots in this situation if someone was really interested.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Dobson until someone can confirm that Boqvist did not have a concussion at the U18 tournament. I would also consider trading back one or two spots in this situation if someone was really interested.

Pretty much this, a serious second concussion would definitely hamper his summer workout aswell.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Pretty much this, a serious second concussion would definitely hamper his summer workout aswell.

5 years from now on HF:

Why didn't Holland draft Boqvist?! He's a top pairing guy. Bouchard (assuming we draft him) is just another middle pairing throwaway!

Concussions can be bad, but, if you haven't noticed, with better doctors and screening criteria, this is becoming less of a concern.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
5 years from now on HF:

Why didn't Holland draft Boqvist?! He's a top pairing guy. Bouchard (assuming we draft him) is just another middle pairing throwaway!

Concussions can be bad, but, if you haven't noticed, with better doctors and screening criteria, this is becoming less of a concern.

5 years from now on HF:

Why didn't Holland draft Dobson?! He's a top pairing guy. Boqvist (assuming we draft him) is just another middle pairing throwaway!

I can play that game too... Concussions are known to seriously hamper players development and entire career's, i personally have my concerns when it comes to conussions, you might not. In which case that's fair enough, we simply have different opinions.

At this point no one of us know how any player will truly pan out so your comment is frankly ridiculous. The draft can go either way, and i'm currently higher on dobson.

Reactions: izlez and lilidk

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If all 4 of Boqvist/Bouchard/Dobson/Hughes are still on the board for the real deal in June, I wouldn't be mad at taking any of them...and therefore I'd use the full time on the clock to listen to trade offers. If there's a decent return for sliding 1-2 spots, that's a win-win.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
ones again i am changing my mind . Now i will go with Hughes. He didn't looks small against Canada , he was ok among adults . My god Boqvist use to be #1 for me until i notice he doesn't do pk at u18 and if he had already 2 concussions this year , please i wish him to quit hockey . I understand about how good sweeds at defense . There is another one similar to Boqvist and we can get him with Vegas pic : Nils Lundkvist

Reactions: Christien

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
5 years from now on HF:

Daniel Carcillo just decided to donate his brain to research when he passes to further the efforts of understanding traumatic brain injuries. If better doctors and screening was enough to reduce concern, we wouldn't need people making decisions to let doctors dissect their brains to figure out how the hell they can stop people from sustaining them and how to prevent long term side effects.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
This is really difficult for me. No matter who I pick between Boqvist, Bouchard, or Dobson, I won't be sure it was the right one. I ended up picking Boqvist in this poll, but I'm not so sure.

Boqvist

Cons:
  • A project player
  • Somewhat slight of frame; not ideal height
  • Not a star defensively, which might keep him from being a #1
  • Hasn't proven himself at a particularly high level in Sweden, and needs to catch on somewhere next season
  • Has had a concussion recently

Pros:
  • Due to age and rawness, possesses tremendous upside—potentially more than anyone not named Dahlin
  • Already very, very skilled
  • Excellent skater
  • Moves the puck very well
  • He's essentially a sniper as a defenseman, which is pretty rare
Bouchard

Cons:
  • Skating ranges from below average to above average, depending on who you ask. Unifying strand: Bouchard is not a high end skater like Boqvist, Dobson, and Hughes.
  • Said to lack intensity
  • Not really a defensive stalwart
  • A fair bit older than the other defensemen under consideration
  • May lack elite upside

Pros:
  • The best PP quarterback in this draft, and it might not be close
  • Very high hockey sense, good vision, and a very calm on-ice demeanor
  • Very good shooter
  • Said to possibly be the best passer in the entire draft
  • Plays a ton of minutes for London and thrives
  • Took on a significant leadership role this year with London and thrived
  • Has good size for an NHL defenseman
Dobson

Cons:
  • Perhaps lacks the crazy offensive upside of the other options
  • A little raw
  • Plays in a somewhat weak league, which is a little worrying because he's raw and needs to be pushed. Will he get the competition he needs by staying in the Q?
  • Lacks a standout tool—more well-rounded than anything

Pros:
  • Mindblowing size/skating combo; excellent size for a defenseman, excellent skating for a forward
  • Top notch puckmover who can break a zone at will
  • Passes the puck well
  • Has a hard shot
  • The best option defensively at this pick and it's not close
  • Has flashed more offensive upside than mainstream media takes acknowledge, and might not be far behind his peers

Not interested in drafting Quinn Hughes, so I didn't write him up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysses31

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I keep going back and forth on Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson, and Hughes. So I guess in an ideal world we would trade back a couple spots in this situation.

Right now I'm back on Bouchard, so I'll go with him. I think his ability to get shots through from the point can pair well with our useless 3rd line plug we drafted last year that is only good at deflecting shots.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
5 years from now on HF:

Call me old fashion but two separate concussions in one year is cause for concern.

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Voted Boqvist just cause there’s so much potential there..but I don’t think he makes it to 6. I really hope concussions don’t become an issue...he’s an exciting player to watch and he’s only 17.

However, Dobson just seems like the pick the Red Wings would make and I wouldn’t be mad at all. I’m starting to prefer him to Bouchard.

Hughes would solve our transition game instantly and he’s not without questions but we need help on D in many ways.

It would really be awesome if all 4 are available for Detroit to choose from.

Reactions: jkutswings

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Voted Boqvist due to age and outstanding offensive skills. The concussions are a real concern but the whole draft is a gamble.

Concussions affect everyone differently. They might hamper his development like it appears that might have happened with Ekblad. It might cut his career short like Franzen. OR it could have little to no affect like it appears with Crosby.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I'm still leaning slightly Dobson, but it's a tough choice. For me, it comes down to Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson or Hughes. Ultimately, I want the one who defends best.

Last edited:

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Most of the votes are for Boqvist but nobody who is posting here seems to want him. That's weird

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad