2018 Free Agent and Trade Discussion Thread: The Dogs Days are over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
No thanks. He's not really that great of a player. He's tough, but that's about it.

Definitely would not pay assets for him. If he was on my team currently at that number however, I wouldn't be totally upset either. It's not a problem, but it's not something that should be on our books either.

Depends what they pay us to take him off of our hands. If they gave up Kassian and a 3rd for Leivo, I'd consider it.

Kassian is a LAZY QUITTER. I don't want him anywhere near the Leafs.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I'm a Borgman fan. Just want his game to polish up and he'd be a great fit on the bottom pair.

Im cheering for Borgman-Ozhiganov pairing tbh.

I'm just not a fan of Hainsey. Especially with what I saw in the playoffs. He was just too slow and casual. He really made no difference whatsoever. He's another year older, so I cant see him making any improvements.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah, we need to see what the Issues were with Dotchin.

Because I would be heavily interested in him. He's a RD and played really well last year. Not to mention, he has that element of grit this team sorely lacks. Would fit like a glove.

But like I said, we need to see why he got waived in the first place

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Jake Dotchin places on waivers to terminate his contract. Apparently there’s some off ice issues there. Played a lot of time with Hedman last year, and pretty well.

That's one hell of a partner he's getting paired with Cor

Apparently he's getting cut because he's come into camp overweight, I'd have some interest but I'm not sure he's any better than what we've already got fighting for a spot on the bottom pair

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
This is unlikely but I hope no team picks him up.

Dotchin is a dirty POS who has repeatedly taken runs at Marlie and Leaf players over the past couple of seasons.

Reactions: The Magic Man

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Dotchin is a POS but by all accounts he can play the game and provide some sort of physicality that we are lacking.

If the off ice issues aren't too serious, I'd be signing him just so that he doesn't hurt any more players on our roster.

Reactions: OVO16

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
He would address the toughness department that we lost with Polak and Martin. We really need someone of that caliber.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Does Oz fight? Not denying he is a big man but tough and scary are different. We need a Marchment type so the forwards that want to free wheel into our end will think twice. Entry into our end by opposing teams is way too easy! We have no crushers although Borgy was apt to do it.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Does Oz fight? Not denying he is a big man but tough and scary are different. We need a Marchment type so the forwards that want to free wheel into our end will think twice. Entry into our end by opposing teams is way too easy! We have no crushers although Borgy was apt to do it.

Ozhiganov is as much of a fighter as Polak. He'll fight when he needs to, but he's not going to go Dotchin on people and cost our team. Dotchin is reckless, not physical. Pretty much like Gudas but a lot worse.

He hits like Borgman though. He's not afraid of anybody, and he has the body for it.

He's definitely more tough than Marchment. Marchment is not tough. He's big, and he'll use his body and fight occasionally, but you'll be disappointed if you expect him to be a Martin type player in terms of physicality.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Ozhiganov is as much of a fighter as Polak. He'll fight when he needs to, but he's not going to go Dotchin on people and cost our team. Dotchin is reckless, not physical. Pretty much like Gudas but a lot worse.

He hits like Borgman though. He's not afraid of anybody, and he has the body for it.

He's definitely more tough than Marchment. Marchment is not tough. He's big, and he'll use his body and fight occasionally, but you'll be disappointed if you expect him to be a Martin type player in terms of physicality.

Dotchin isnt reckless. People are basing him off a couple of incidents. Tampa fans seem to love him last season and seem to mad as to Dotchin being off their team.

He's a guy who plays with a physical edge. Thats it

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
All selling features as far as I see. As other's have mentioned, I'd rather he was taking out other team's players than ours. I dreaded when he was in the line up against the Marlies and Leafs

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Dotchin isnt reckless. People are basing him off a couple of incidents. Tampa fans seem to love him last season and seem to mad as to Dotchin being off their team.

He's a guy who plays with a physical edge. Thats it

He plays with a lot more than a physical edge. That's like saying Gudas only plays with a physical edge.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
All selling features as far as I see. As other's have mentioned, I'd rather he was taking out other team's players than ours. I dreaded when he was in the line up against the Marlies and Leafs

I'd rather get guys whose physicality is just an aspect of their game, not something that defines them entirely (especially not in a negative way). Tampa may like him, but he's not the type of guy I would have playing on the Leafs or Marlies. Especially since we do not need him.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Explanation ?
Darnell Nurse was the Captain of the Soo Greyhounds and has recently returned to Toronto, with contract negotiations with Edmonton currently at a stand-still.

The implication is that Dubas loves his old Soo boys and should try and acquire him.

Reactions: ACC1224

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
I'd rather get guys whose physicality is just an aspect of their game, not something that defines them entirely (especially not in a negative way). Tampa may like him, but he's not the type of guy I would have playing on the Leafs or Marlies. Especially since we do not need him.
Fair enough. I respect your view. I am a little concerned our young Leafs have nobody to protect them. I realize the days of Orr, McClaren are over but man did the Leafs play a little taller and a little bolder with those boys backing them up. I personally like that approach on a team. The west is filled with these players and I wouldn't doubt some one from that division scoops him up. Sounds like a Bruin or Flyer type , maybe Rangers in the east.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
He plays with a lot more than a physical edge. That's like saying Gudas only plays with a physical edge.

Dont get me wrong. I like Dotchin and want him too. I just dont think he's reckless. Thats like Claiming Kadri is recless, due to two incidents.

Dotchin is a physical presence, which causes some incidents here and there. It happens. I still want him on the team though

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Dont get me wrong. I like Dotchin and want him too. I just dont think he's reckless. Thats like Claiming Kadri is recless, due to two incidents.

Dotchin is a physical presence, which causes some incidents here and there. It happens. I still want him on the team though

I wish we had someone like that. Someone the other team had to worry about at all times because he’s such a loose cannon.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I wish we had someone like that. Someone the other team had to worry about at all times because he’s such a loose cannon.

Theres a reason I want him.

That, and the fact that he's an RD and played pretty well last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->