OT: 2018 Football Thread II: Everyone sucks!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Man, I get that things have been tough in Cle, but listening to these CLE announcers fawn over the team after 3 quarters of a preseason game is kinda embarassing...

And yeah, that was about as bad as Webb could have looked. I had high hopes for him, but he overthrew everybody tonight

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I know it's only one game, but I'm not shocked by what we saw from Webb. I'm a Cal fan and I've been telling other Giants fans not to put all of their eggs in the Davis Webb basket.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
I tried but I ran out of excuses for Webb.

Hopefully, he'll look somewhat like an NFL QB next week. He was abysmal tonight.

I loved Solder's interview with Beck. About time a player didn't give Beck the answers he was expecting with his inane softball questions.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Well, he did say he was studying film of Eli. Since Eli has pulled that **** his entire career, I can see where Webb got it from.
giphy.gif

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
You're rolling your eyes at an accurate statement? The single main complaint anyone who watches Eli generally ends up being that he throws the ball too high, too often.

Some of the **** you post with regards to Eli defenses is absurd, man.

That Webb suffers from the same deficiency is merely ironic.
I'm rolling my eyes because it's preseason week 1 and I'm already tired of you turning everything into Eli hate. It's tiresome. Maybe let's just wait and see what happens this year?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm rolling my eyes because it's preseason week 1 and I'm already tired of you turning everything into Eli hate. It's tiresome. Maybe let's just wait and see what happens this year?

"Hate"? Interesting. I wasn't aware that legitimate, long-running criticism of someone amounts to "hate".

I guess you get your talking points from a few guys on BBV. Will we be seeing you drop the word "haters!!!!" this year when we inevitably get on Eli for bad play at some point?

I'd suggest you simply get over your inability to accept legitimate criticism.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
"Hate"? Interesting. I wasn't aware that legitimate, long-running criticism of someone amounts to "hate".

I guess you get your talking points from a few guys on BBV. Will we be seeing you drop the word "haters!!!!" this year when we inevitably get on Eli for bad play at some point?

I'd suggest you simply get over your inability to accept legitimate criticism.
I have no idea what BBV is. It's more likely you'll probably see me agree that if Eli makes a bad play this year, it was a bad play for Eli.

What you won't see me do is if Webb sucks to make a backhanded joke about Eli.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I have no idea what BBV is. It's more likely you'll probably see me agree that if Eli makes a bad play this year, it was a bad play for Eli.

What you won't see me do is if Webb sucks to make a backhanded joke about Eli.

Yet we see backhanded jokes made at the expense of Rangers players on here for years. How many backhanded Girardi jokes did we see for ages? Comical that *NOW* you pipe up. Again, get over it, dude. :laugh:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
One big takeaway from the offense: Lauletta looks really good. I've compared him to a Chad Pennington-lite. He has the same fearless nature Pennington has, the same lack of arm strength, and the same ability to just place balls where they need to be. I don't think he'll ever be a star, but the guy has the general make-up you'd like to see in a potential starter. I was against the pick at the time (due to only 4 years of control and already having Webb), but he may make a lot of fans eat crow.

One big takeaway from the defense: If camp and the first game is any indication, here, Ogletree is flat out terrible against TEs. He's been getting torched all camp, apparently, and looked brutal against a very good TE last night. We were warned about this by Rams fans, but it's really on display without the help he had from his Rams teammates. Yeesh.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Davis Webb is to Quarterback as Ereck Flowers is to Offensive Lineman

he was HORRIFIC last night. lauletta passed him already.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Yeah, I made up a point of looking up who #52 was after he got burned so completely on the Njoku TD. He looked real slow on that play. In general our secondary/pass coverage left a lot to be desired. But as others have said, it's the first preseason game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad