OT: 2018 Football Thread: Camp is (almost) here!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
We're all overlooking another very real scenario. Draft Barkley at 2OA, and then draft Tyree Jackson in the 6th round next year.
I realize you're joking, but if by some odd chance the Giants keep the pick, but don't draft a QB (in which case the BUF/DEN/ARZ GMs should all be fired for not offering sufficiently enticing deals), from a Browns perspective this works too. Suddenly, in addition to getting their own guy, they hold the keys to the third QB out of the four.

Reactions: jas

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I realize you're joking, but if by some odd chance the Giants keep the pick, but don't draft a QB (in which case the BUF/DEN/ARZ GMs should all be fired for not offering sufficiently enticing deals), from a Browns perspective this works too. Suddenly, in addition to getting their own guy, they hold the keys to the third QB out of the four.
Does this look like a joke to you?

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
It sounds like Darnold is going #1 after his Pro Day.

I'm thinking Rosen is going to be who the Giants take. I'm sure they've gotten plenty of calls on the #2 Pick, but declined them. When you have a chance to take a guy who you think is going to be your franchise signal caller for the next 10 - 15 years, you have to take him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
One thing is for sure. Allen is going in the top 3 picks. I’d take him at 2 happily. His pro day answered so many questions. His new foot work already looks good. Kids arm is unreal.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
One thing is for sure. Allen is going in the top 3 picks. I’d take him at 2 happily. His pro day answered so many questions. His new foot work already looks good. Kids arm is unreal.

The Giants are in a perfect position to take him and let him develop behind Eli for a year.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
He’s so God damn talented. It’s really incredible what natural skill that kid has.

I really don’t see the Browns letting Allen go.

Everything I keep hearing is that the Browns will take Darnold. If that's the case, I want Allen. I've heard nothing but amazing stuff about his Senior Bowl (?) performance.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Everything I keep hearing is that the Browns will take Darnold. If that's the case, I want Allen. I've heard nothing but amazing stuff about his Senior Bowl (?) performance.

His SB performance was solid, but his Pro Day was what really mattered the most. He had questions about his footwork and his accuracy. He showcased entirely new footwork and answered basically every question. He was tremendous, to put it simply.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why would the Browns draft Barkley? Didn’t they just sign Hyde? It would be stupid to sign a legit RB and then go and draft one in the Top 4. Could possibly see them draft one in the 2nd or 3rd but they are better off selecting Chubb or one of the DBs at 4.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
There’s no reason for him too honestly. But the fact that Mara is fed up with his antics but was hesitant to say the least about employing a wife beating kicker speaks volumes to me about Mara’s ineptitude.
Would you like to trade owners?

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Supposedly it's down to Allen and Darnold as the Browns' QB.

And for all that Allen apparently killed his pro day, Darnold did too – in the rain, which wowed the AFC north reporters in the crowd. Supposedly Jimmy Haslam was at both workouts along with the brass. Apparently spent time with Darnold's parents.

All of which goes to say, I still have no idea what's going to happen. :laugh:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Supposedly it's down to Allen and Darnold as the Browns' QB.

And for all that Allen apparently killed his pro day, Darnold did too – in the rain, which wowed the AFC north reporters in the crowd. Supposedly Jimmy Haslam was at both workouts along with the brass. Apparently spent time with Darnold's parents.

All of which goes to say, I still have no idea what's going to happen. :laugh:
It is and should be Darnold. Dorsey can draft, he won't f*** this up, although he might give him a heinous, uncuttable contract five years from now.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I haven't really been paying attention, but last I heard, Mayfield was the Jets 'guy'.

Could be wrong. Likely very wrong.
He was the Jets guy when they were sitting at six, according to the reports. After they traded up, I haven't really heard anything about who they favor, just that they apparently like 3 guys and have them ranked very closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->