OT: 2018 Football Thread: Camp is (almost) here!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
They may be, but do you risk it on a top 3 OA pick?

Yes. His talent is elite. A lot will depend on his pro day in terms of adjustments. Allegedly, he’s been working hardcore on this. Since most seems to be a mechanical thing, it’s something fixable.

If he shows enough improvement on the 23rd, I’d consider him at 2.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I saw some complaining about the Jets trade in the last thread. I understand the points, and they are all valid to a degree.

Still, fortune favors the bold. We haven't had a franchise quarterback in decades and we have a chance to grab one here. We had to give up a lot and there's a very real chance it doesn't work out, but there's a chance it does and I think the latter chance makes it worth it.

Just hope they make the right pick. If they do, the trade will look like a bargain.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I saw some complaining about the Jets trade in the last thread. I understand the points, and they are all valid to a degree.

Still, fortune favors the bold. We haven't had a franchise quarterback in decades and we have a chance to grab one here. We had to give up a lot and there's a very real chance it doesn't work out, but there's a chance it does and I think the latter chance makes it worth it.

Just hope they make the right pick. If they do, the trade will look like a bargain.

Jets did great in the trade. Usually teams trading up have to also give up their first round pick the following year as well.

If we gave up next years first then I would border on saying we made a horrid trade to only move up 3 spots.

I have such a hard on for Mayfield I would be over the moon if we draft him (assuming Rosen and Darnold go 1,2).

Curious how other Jet fans feel about him.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
none of the qbs would be there at 6. they had to move up

Yes i considered that. Only one might be there at 3. We dont even know who AND like i showed last thread, it's so much of a crapshoot. To give up all this all for the nyg and cle scraps? Dont like it. Still excited bc i do love rosen, darnold and mayfield. Do love that we kept next years 1.

I watched Allen twice and he was absolutely awful. His production was too low in combination with what i saw. Id be apoplectic if the jets took him

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Jets did great in the trade. Usually teams trading up have to also give up their first round pick the following year as well.

If we gave up next years first then I would border on saying we made a horrid trade to only move up 3 spots.

I have such a hard on for Mayfield I would be over the moon if we draft him (assuming Rosen and Darnold go 1,2).

They could of drafted Mayfield at 6

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I liked Mayfield a lot and I would have been happy to take him at 6. However I'm almost certain that the Jets didn't trade up to 3 to take Mayfield.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I liked Mayfield a lot and I would have been happy to take him at 6. However I'm almost certain that the Jets didn't trade up to 3 to take Mayfield.

I am assuming that Rosen and Darnold go 1,2 and I prefer Mayfield to Allen.

And I really don't think Mayfield would be there at 6. Miami has the hots for him too and I'm sure would try to jump over us if we remained at 6 with him still on the board.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Jordan Palmer: Josh Allen's accuracy issues overblown

As I’ve said repeatedly, his accuracy issues are incredibly overblown.

Same way you feel his accuracy issues are harped on too much I think his arm strength is overly hyped (which happens with a lot of strong arm Qbs like Cutler.

It's not enough of a weapon to make up for the deficiencies we saw all through college but it certainly can mask some of them. If he can overcome them all then that arm will be a massive asset. It's all a gamble but I really don't like the odds on Allen.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I am assuming that Rosen and Darnold go 1,2 and I prefer Mayfield to Allen.

And I really don't think Mayfield would be there at 6. Miami has the hots for him too and I'm sure would try to jump over us if we remained at 6 with him still on the board.

I’m not claiming to know Miami’s thoughts but they have a loooooooooot of money tied up in Tannehill. They might be stuck with him for better or worse :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yes. His talent is elite. A lot will depend on his pro day in terms of adjustments. Allegedly, he’s been working hardcore on this. Since most seems to be a mechanical thing, it’s something fixable.

If he shows enough improvement on the 23rd, I’d consider him at 2.

Well it makes me nervous, but I'll take your word for it.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Same way you feel his accuracy issues are harped on too much I think his arm strength is overly hyped (which happens with a lot of strong arm Qbs like Cutler.

It's not enough of a weapon to make up for the deficiencies we saw all through college but it certainly can mask some of them. If he can overcome them all then that arm will be a massive asset. It's all a gamble but I really don't like the odds on Allen.

I'm less of a carer about his arm strength as I am his overall athleticism.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Agree with the guy on hffootball boards. Giants will probably take Chubb or Nelson.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
You either take a QB at #2 or trade down. Those are the only two reasonable options. Get what you believe is your franchise QB or collect a boat load of picks right now and pray you aren't one of these teams needing to trade away a boat load of picks in a couple years for a QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->