Prospect Info: 2018 Final HF Bruins Top 25 Prospect List (for discussion)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd say these are the 5 players in my top's but I'd go:

1.) Studnicka
2.) Vaakanainen
3.) Steen
4.) Lauzon
5.) Lauko

that Lauko kid, in limited viewings plays with a drive and work ethic coaches fall in love with, it`ll be interesting to see how he does coming off a very solid playoff then Memorial Cup

Is this a year where it`s Bruins or Junior option or can they send him to Providence? Thx, sorry, horrible at this stuff

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
that Lauko kid, in limited viewings plays with a drive and work ethic coaches fall in love with, it`ll be interesting to see how he does coming off a very solid playoff then Memorial Cup

Is this a year where it`s Bruins or Junior option or can they send him to Providence? Thx, sorry, horrible at this stuff

I'm terrible with that stuff as well, and Lauko is 19 years old, but isn't he able to go to Providence because he was drafted out of Europe and not the CHL? Someone will definitely know the answer.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
1-Beecher
2-Studnicka
3-Frederic
4-Lauzon
5-Vaak

Beecher and frederic in the top 3 right now? Neither are in my top 5 not even sure if frederic is in my top 7. No way are either of those guys higher than studnicka or Vaak.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm terrible with that stuff as well, and Lauko is 19 years old, but isn't he able to go to Providence because he was drafted out of Europe and not the CHL? Someone will definitely know the answer.

Yes, that is right I think. Something along the lines of a reciprocity agreement with the CHL where if a kid under 20 doesn't make the NHL roster his Jr team has right of first refusal to take him back. I think if the Jr team didn't want the kid back, he could stay? Not sure about that part of it. Then I might have gotten this all wrong- it wouldn't be the first time, but I believe you are right.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Beecher and frederic in the top 3 right now? Neither are in my top 5 not even sure if frederic is in my top 7. No way are either of those guys higher than studnicka or Vaak.

Consider the source.....

I did nothing but laugh at that list. I really like Beecher as a prospect, and think he has potential to shoot up the rankings, but he needs a season in the NCAA before you can get a read on where he should be. Frederic? How.... He was horrid in his brief NHL stint, but in Providence his production wasn't anything to write home about. He has produced at a 0.49 PPG pace in the AHL level thus far (68 total games) and this past season produced at a 0.45 PPG pace. Noel Acciari and Sean Kuraly both produced at similar paces while in the AHL for Providence. I would say no one considered them top prospects at the time.

One thing I find constantly hilarious with Fenian (who has me on ignore so can't read my posts) is that he shits all over Forsbacka Karlsson who has been a more productive player than Frederic at BOTH the NHL and AHL level. But since Frederic is "tough" he gets the leash. So terrible.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
*Shiny new toy* ?
Love the speed and grit, think he will develop an offensive game in college as a top 2 center instead of being the 3 with the US team. He and Studnicka are the only 2 prospects I see with a chance at being top 2 centers in the NHL.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Consider the source.....

I did nothing but laugh at that list. I really like Beecher as a prospect, and think he has potential to shoot up the rankings, but he needs a season in the NCAA before you can get a read on where he should be. Frederic? How.... He was horrid in his brief NHL stint, but in Providence his production wasn't anything to write home about. He has produced at a 0.49 PPG pace in the AHL level thus far (68 total games) and this past season produced at a 0.45 PPG pace. Noel Acciari and Sean Kuraly both produced at similar paces while in the AHL for Providence. I would say no one considered them top prospects at the time.

One thing I find constantly hilarious with Fenian (who has me on ignore so can't read my posts) is that he ****s all over Forsbacka Karlsson who has been a more productive player than Frederic at BOTH the NHL and AHL level. But since Frederic is "tough" he gets the leash. So terrible.

How old were they compared to Frederic?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Love the speed and grit, think he will develop an offensive game in college as a top 2 center instead of being the 3 with the US team. He and Studnicka are the only 2 prospects I see with a chance at being top 2 centers in the NHL.

Let's not forget about Curtis Hall- sleeper, might be something

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Pretty sure he's playing in Providence this season

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
here is the prospect list for the start of next week's 2019 voting (please pass along anyone i may have missed).
guys older than 25 and guys who played 25 or more NHL games are not included (that is how the vote went last year):

axel andersson
jack becker
johnny beecher
victor berglund
anton blidh
roman bychkov
cam clarke
ryan fitzgerald
trent frederic
curtis hall
cam hughes
kyle keyser
joona koppanen
karson kuhlman
jakub lauko
jeremy lauzon
dustyn mcfaul
matias mantykivi
quinn olson
jake schmaltz
zach senyshyn
pavel shen
wiley sherman
oskar steen
jack studnicka
jeremy swayman
urho vaakanainen
daniel vladar
jakub zboril

*cooper zech is not eligible for this vote as he is not yet signed to an NHL contract*

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Prospect pool remains without potential high-end game changers.
Vaakanainen is high end
After that comes a bunch of solid prospects
I like this group of players ,a bit of everything from Goalies to speedy wings and some truculence.
1. Vaakanainen
2. Studnicka
3. Lauko
4. Lauzon
5. Steen

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Since he was drafted by the CHL import draft after he was drafted by the Bruins he is not required to play in the CHL this year like some other players. He will only play there if the Bruins feel that is his best place to develop. This also apply's to Andersson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->