2018 F1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The Red Bull car isn't final.

Red Bull have released pictures of the 2018 car they hope will lead them back into Formula 1's title race.

The RB14 has been launched in what the team have termed a 'special edition livery' with the race colours to be revealed when testing begins at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya next week.

It'll be back to something much similar to what we're used to I'm sure.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Interesting. Ferrari going with red. Ballsy.
p3IDOIU.jpg

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I would like to know who these supposed McLaren fans are that keep saying they want orange
Whether the fans actually want it or not, I think McLaren is trying to distance themselves from Mercedes (silver) as much as possible.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I would like to know who these supposed McLaren fans are that keep saying they want orange

Oh they're out there definitely, I remember a bunch of people disappointed every year when they rolled out something silver and whining about wanting the orange back. Not that the olden days nostalgics could ultimately be satisfied by anything.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Maybe it's just because I'm not as clued up on F1 history as I should but I've always associated McLaren with the white and red cars that were driven by James Hunt and then Senna/Prost, and the silver and red cars of the modern era. So maybe I just don't "get" the orange thing.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Same, McLaren was red/white for me. They only used the orange for 1968-70 or whatever. "Think of an iconic McLaren and you’ll invariably think of a racing car painted red and white." That's literally the first words you see at McLaren where they have their old F1 cars.

"Giving the fans what they want" with the papaya orange is lost on me.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think a lot of it is due to the fact that Bruce McLaren died driving his own colors, while the Marlboro livery was introduced only after that by the Americans who then overtook the team.

yunita

Feb 2, 2018
Lewis hamilton, my favoritehttp://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/33/o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad