Prospect Info: 2018 Draft: Round 6, Pick# 182 - John Leonard, LW (UMass/NCAA)

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Has Leonard attended any of the sharks prospect camps/training camps, anyone have any comments on his game thats seen him play, and it being NHL ready or not?

Pretty sure ncaa or the like type players can't attend any nhl camps until they sign, or no longer eligible to play college sports.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm pretty sure he was at the last two prospect scrimmages. They can attend those but they supposedly have to pay their own way. NCAA "amateur" rules are dumb.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm pretty sure he was at the last two prospect scrimmages. They can attend those but they supposedly have to pay their own way. NCAA "amateur" rules are dumb.

Yeah isn't there a rule against them even using youtube to post videos or something stupid like that?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
What is Leonard’s potential?

Best case scenario is a fast two-way goalscoring winger who plays both special teams. Perhaps 50 points at his peak, if everything works out?

His median potential is probably 30-40 points as a PK third line winger, but he looks like a legitimate NHL player so I'd say his injury-free floor is fourth-line defense, energy, and 10 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad