NHL Entry Draft 2018 Draft - Prospect Discussion (Poll added)

Wth the 4th OA, who do we pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Zadina really is a treat. Unreal tonight so far here in Halifax.

Man, Justin Barron is phenomenal. Halifax is a prospect factory (for obvious reason)

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Shoud we not be looking at prospects in the 4th rd & beyond? Although PD could make some deals to get back a couple of earlier picks, I'm just not sure he will get a first back.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Shoud we not be looking at prospects in the 4th rd & beyond? Although PD could make some deals to get back a couple of earlier picks, I'm just not sure he will get a first back.
I would think anything inside the top 50 will be out of our reach

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
The 67's have a few players ranked in the later rounds this year in Bahl, Clark, Robertson, Bitten etc. I might check out that outdoor game vs Gatineau.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
11% Chance at top 2 pick. Dahlin and Svechnikov would be huge saviours if it could happen.

Hoffman - Duchene - Svechnikov
Ryan - White - Stone
Dzingel - Brassard - Brown
Chlapik - Pageau - Pyatt

or

Dahlin - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Claesson - Phaneuf
Harpur
Jaros
Boro

a man can dream..

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Filip Hallander is a guy we should look at in the 3rd,. He impresses me every time I watch him with Timra.

Jacob Olafsson would be a guy I'd look at had we kept our 1st, he has some impressive tools..

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
11% Chance at top 2 pick. Dahlin and Svechnikov would be huge saviours if it could happen.

Hoffman - Duchene - Svechnikov
Ryan - White - Stone
Dzingel - Brassard - Brown
Chlapik - Pageau - Pyatt

or

Dahlin - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Claesson - Phaneuf
Harpur
Jaros
Boro

a man can dream..
Do Sens still have a thing against Russians?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Looks like our 1st "MAY" be a possibility this season.

Should we pick 7-10 I have a feeling we may hear Noah Dobson's name called.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Looks like our 1st "MAY" be a possibility this season.

Should we pick 7-10 I have a feeling we may hear Noah Dobson's name called.

While I'm a fan of Dobson and RD is the Sens weakest position in terms of depth, if they are drafting in the top 10 it might be a bit of a reach. I'm hoping for Zadina, Bobqvist, Merkley, Hughes.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
While I'm a fan of Dobson and RD is the Sens weakest position in terms of depth, if they are drafting in the top 10 it might be a bit of a reach. I'm hoping for Zadina, Bobqvist, Merkley, Hughes.
I don't think it will be a reach come June from what I have heard thus far the year.

No doubt Zadina should be taken before, he is unbelievable.

I don't have a good/any grasp on the other guys unfortunately.

Dobson should be the 2nd guy from the Q selected, and IMO will be in the first half of the 1st.

Last edited:

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Dobson should be the 2nd guy from the Q selected, and IMO will be in the first half of the 1st half of the 1st.

I def agree with this, I was hoping he'd stay under the radar a bit but he's been gradually climbing up the rankings, and for good reason. He's better than McIsaac IMO and I haven't seen much of Veleno but didn't seem like much of a top 10 pick when I did.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
If I was the Sens and had a top 10 pick. I'd strongly would love the Sens to pick Brady Tkachuk or Oliver Wahlstrom. They don't have a player like Tkachuk in their system that plays a gritty power game. You can't have enough centers. Wahlstrom high end skillset that is a pure shifty right shooter. Again Sens don't have too many of those guys.

Reactions: aragorn

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If I was the Sens and had a top 10 pick. I'd strongly would love the Sens to pick Brady Tkachuk or Oliver Wahlstrom. They don't have a player like Tkachuk in their system that plays a gritty power game. You can't have enough centers. Wahlstrom high end skillset that is a pure shifty right shooter. Again Sens don't have too many of those guys.

I really don't want a player whose calling card is playing a hard gritty came.

We need a creative play maker who can skate, hold the puck, and shoot.

Someone like Nylander or an Ehlers.

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Dobson ranked 6th on Sportsnet's list, which falls in line with what I have heard. Pretty sure he was on Mann's list prior to the season, I'm certain he's there now.

He is so similar to Chabot it is scary, both on ice, and draft rise.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Dahlin:

He defends like Lidström, skates like Karlsson, Ray Ferraro (TSN) 2017

:naughty:

I think Dahlin is going to be a great NHL player. But to say he's going to be a Lidstrom/Karlsson hybrid is putting a lot of pressure on him. A Lidstrom/Karlsson hybrid would be the most dominant defenseman ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->